Need help to design a fuzz effect

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd like to design my very own fuzz pedal. I could find some schematics on the net but I'd like to see all the step of the conception and also build something unique :).

So I think what I need first is a simple amplificator circuit. Even at this step
I'm stuck, how many transistor I need ? what kind of circuit I want ? do I really want to amplified my signal or I just need to use the saturation ? Do I have to worried about "thermal runaway" ? :warped: ...

If you have any idea feel free to contribute :D

Copy one from the 'net. Start there.

Or, if you have to ask, it's unfortunately beyond ur skill level. :(

There are some folks who sell boards that are copies of "famous" pedals.
Also, there are a wide variety of commercial pedals with different tones, so why try to reinvent the wheel??

The principle is that you amplify, clip, filter, buffer...

_-_-bear

Ok, thank you for your answer bear. That's too bad. What are the skills required to do stuff like that ?

I've already find few different model, also find this thesis (which is very cool) : http://etd.gatech.edu/theses/availa...tricted/overton_william_e_200605_mast.pdf.pdf

And I just wanted to understand where the first circuit comes from, I wanted to retrace the line borrowed to design it. I can understand I don't have the skills but can you give me few details. Or did the man just was high and pop up the fuzz face from the bushes :D ?

Thank you

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.