warped wood

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am still very green here with a huge learning curve to a great many aspects to diy audio. I rarely have found anything off the rack that is anywhere near straight not twisted just bowed. How do you get around this? is it just time and weight to flatten it out or lots of clamps? I tend to get impatient while constructing and I know that it works against me but I really wish to build something that doesn't need days or weeks of work to make it presentable once it is assembled.

Mike

Just one of many questions to come.

In reality, building a speaker cabinet with solid wood would be a great convenience; unfortunately, it is not conducive to optimal sound qualities, in addition to being subject to warping, both pre- and post- construction.

The proper way as marce says is MDF and/or plywood, with the very inconvenient result of having to veneer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.