Need help to eliminate a voltage selector - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Construction Tips

Construction Tips Construction techniques and tips

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th August 2010, 03:30 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Well, it wasn't broken but i fixed it.
Old 11th September 2010, 01:39 AM   #12
peterlo is offline peterlo  Australia
diyAudio Member

I'm disappointed at the attitudes shown here.
I acknowledge the need to warn the innocent or unwary that real hazards exist, but having done that it's a "put down" to infer that the person seeking help does not know what they are doing.
The golden rule is: It is your specific responsibility with mains supply to always take the greatest care, be sure you have sufficient knowledge to avoid the obvious life threatening risks, & leave your project in a safe condition.
Now that's akin to saying drive a vehicle only when you are sober & licensed surely.
If you don't wish to provide genuine help, please don't respond with warnings only, it will be interpreted as insulting by most members of this forum.
Old 11th September 2010, 01:46 PM   #13
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

I'm sorry you are disappointed, but safety must come first. My aim was not a "put down", but a "warn off". To encourage someone to do something potentially dangerous, while secretly believing that they may do it badly, shows no respect to the person. I am not familiar with the equipment he has, so I was not in a position to confirm his own understanding or correct it. I note that nobody else offered help either. I am pleased about that, as it shows that people on here are responsible and care more about safety than feelings.

Hide this!Advertise here!