really dumb question from a newbie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone
I've been at electro - music forum - trying to understand some synth shematics ,but i stumbled over very simple distortion disigns and i can't seem to understand .. if some can help me ..
there are many boosters and similar box's using only +9v and ground ,so i can't seem to understand where does _9v goes ..from the batery ??
Thanks a lot for this
vladosh

Ground is a vague word used for a lot of things. The wall plug battery eliminator has plus and minus low voltage terminals, one male, one female on 9V. The literature may be calling the minus one the "ground". Wall transformers usually only have two power pins, the third is "safety ground" and is not required in the western hemisphere for low power double insulated plastic devices. Sometimes the safety ground is connected to the battery eliminator minus, sometimes not depending on the designer. I don't know if battery eliminators in the eastern hemisphere (220VAC) have two pins or three with ground pin, I was in France once but didn't visit any store with electronic devices.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.