Isolating floorstanders - Canadians! Canadian Tire mats

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I believe that the same thing (BTW, the 1st link works for mr), is available in more colourful tiles as a childrens floor mat product. I picked up a tile of yellow and red for $2 at a garage sale, and am using them as protective surfaces for my driver production. I have a friend that has even more colours as he has a ~14x14' room tiled with them.

Here, also at the Flat Tire store Kids Reversible Tiles, 24-in. | Canadian Tire

Pictures not good, but i believe is similar -- 2x the price thou Stats 4 Pack Colour Foam Mats - Yellow - Stats - Toys"R"Us

dave

So - three layers under my floorstanders and there is a profound difference in low-end response. They are no longer as badly floor-coupled as before and hence the overwhelming <100Hz has abated. However, there are still vibrations being transferred to the floor (far less though!) and I'm wondering: one layer of mat, a thick block of granite/other hard substance and then more foam?

L

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.