Roundoff Baffle vs 45 Degree

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys, I'm planning out how Im going to construct a box for my SR71 kit. Although I would never sacrifice looks for performance, if im going to invest time and money into something id love for it to have both.

Now, my main inspiration was an image I came across:
h08_3382.jpg

I love the way they look, however I noticed the baffles arent rounded over to reduce edge diffraction.

I've seen some designs around the forums that use a 45 degree piece instead of a round over, does any one have any (good) info on this? I've also noticed that some designs dont use any kind of round off, how do they get away with it?

I used to study the loudspeaker design cookbook religiously,and one of the recommendation for reduced edge diffraction was a rounded edge NOT less than 2" radius(or diameter),one of the two?! For any noticeable effect. It was in a footnote from some study. I'll double check and get back.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.