Single 18" Bass Bin - Plans & Ideas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I have been searching the net endlessly for a set of plans.

I run a mobile disco and I have a set of DAS double 15" Bassbins and sometimes it just becomes a pain to carry these around.

So in saying that I am looking for cabinet plans for a single 18" bassbin that will destroy anything. (Im running a RAM Audio 2.0 Amp which is a dream so im not worried about power). The plans also need to be easy to understand.

Any ideas where I could find plans? General Ideas welcome.

Thanks,
Frankie (South Africa):p

Try Speakerplans. Horns will be more efficient, but they also benefit greatly from being used in multiples. And they use more plywood than a simple vented box, so could be heavier.

Take a careful look at bandpass designs. Tune one for a peak at the kickdrum frequency; you may not need any output below 80 Hz.

Tapped horns are simpler to build than normal horns, but they tend to be huge. And designing them isn't a cookbook process yet. However, maybe there's a proven design already that suits your needs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.