Trouble Finding Pre-wired Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Help!

Just moved into a house and went to install my surround sound today and I am having trouble finding the wires. The builder had pre-installed the wires and there are seven plates positioned around the room where the wires should be.

There are five plates mounted on the wall where speaker wires for 5.1 surround sound are supposed to be located. Then additional plate for the subwoofer. Finally, a large plate where the wires all come out of the wall to attach to the receiver.

I removed the larger plate and all of the wire were all sitting right there nicely labeled for each of the positions of the speakers and the subwoofer. I then removed the back of the room plates and the wires again were right there coming out of small holes in the drywall for the back surround speakers.

The problem arrived when I removed the plates for the center speaker above the gas fireplace and the front left and right speakers to each side of the fireplace. There were no holes present and therefore no wires. I cut holes in the drywall about 3in by 3in and couldn't find anything besides the fiberglass insulation. The fireplace is against an exterior wall and thus the insulation batting.

Anyone have any ideas how I can find the ends of these wires where these front speakers are suppose to be located? Thanks for the help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.