Universal Mounts or w/e that means...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been building a small sub/sat system for my parents for their Christmas present. There are a lot of "universal mounts" on the market that I want to make my satellites compatible with but I'm not entirely sure how I can go about getting the female end on my speakers.

I am currently thinking about using a Tee Nut, what do you guys think?

Omni Mount White Wall/Ceiling Mount: Compare Prices, View Price History and Read Reviews at NexTag

I see the 4mm and 5mm part, but I'm not sure of the name for the hardware I need!

Thanks in Advance!

I tracked down http://www.sanus.com/assets/WMS3b_046901-300150.pdf and found that part #10 screws into the threaded ends on to most speakers.

The screw is type 8-32x5/8...I think that is an M5 part not a 5MM part. So apparently the threads on an 8-32x5/8 is "universal" and will work with most wall mounts, stands, brackets etc.

A tee nut with this thread should work but i will need to seal the end or use the gap as the pressure equalization since the enclosure for the cubes will be sealed.

Comments, suggestions, please!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.