Coil Inductor Wiring

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This may be the dumbest question for you guys but here goes. :spin:

Can a lead wire connecting to the inner terminal of a air core foil inductor pass through the coil center?

I'm mounting the coil flat to a board and would like to run a wire up through the center through a hole in the board. The examples I've looked at have the wire crossing the top of the inductor, but I've not seen any through the center. And I can't find any comments that it would be detrimental to the sound.

An example, not like you guys have never seen one :rolleyes:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

No problem passing the connecting wire for the inner terminal through the hole in the center.

BUT: if you mount the coil flat on a copper-clad board, there will be a bit of stray capacitance between every turn of the coil and the copper board. That will have an effect at very high (radio) frequencies.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.