how to install more relays?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i need to install 20-30 (probably more) relays. the problem i am having is that i am running out of room. does anybosy know where i can get a relay housing or a relay distribution block? or anyway that i can put 1015 relays all together and screw it to the firewall? i have tried using old fuse panels from cars and commercial trucks but these always come with fuses that i dont need and they are just taking up space for no reason.

anyone know where i can find a place who sells something like this?

I googled "1015 relay" to try and see what it's foot print looked liked, and got far to many different hits.

Can you post a more complete part number or even better a link to the relay being used...? ...Are you willing to use a different relay if required as long as it performs the same function...?

yes i would totally be willing to switch over to different relay size/type. i could probably use 10-15 relays that are less then 10 amp and even just this would clean up my wiring mess quite a bit. i am just looking for cheap relays and i have just been using the standard relays found in cars and trucks the bosch style (i dont have a part number) they seem to be abundant and the solderless terminals clp onto the bottom blades and they come naturally open AND naturally closed.

as for what am i up to with this..... well i have a service truck that i sue for work and i spend a lot of time in it and i have 3 alternators and 8 batteries so i figured "hey why not put a bunch of other stuff in here like car audio" so as i keep adding more odds and ends the wireing gets more out of control. so far i have 10 fog lights @ 120amp, microwave,power inverters, 6 electric rad fans that need to be turned on independently. coffee pot, running drinking water with a 12v water pump. and this is all before 6 amps, speakers and subs. the list goes on and on but these are the highlights, i am building this 100% for "go" and 0% for "show" it is after all a work truck and i still need to pass a safety inspection every 6 months.

sorry i see why you guys are looking for "1015 relays". it was a typo i meant to type "10 to 15 relays" or "10 - 15 relays"

i apologize but i type while i am driving or sitting in traffic and it lends itself to poor typing

i dont care which relay i am using just as long as i can run 0 guage power and ground to a big hub then take power from those wires to power everything up and have the ability to label which relay is for what and the ability to pop out a bad relay and most importantly just to just clean everything up.

no i mean i have light guage wires from switches that need to trigger larger amp draw devices like fog lights or power inverters and i need a relay to make this happen.

for example when the engine gets hotter the more cooling fans come on. by the time the engine is overheating all the fans are on what tells the relay to engage is the printed circuit board that the guage is attached to. this will melt if i try to drive 6x15amp fans directly

I think you will struggle to find one box to hold that many. It would be huge as well, at least with the smaller ones you can tuck them away in smaller spaces.

Possibly some simplifying of your set up could help, do you really need 7 cooling fans? A bigger radiator would be a neater solution.

I will have a word with a mate who is in the auto electrics trade and see if he knows of anything that would sort you out. I doubt he will come up with anything mindst. It could be worth checking military surplus, they sometimes get some useful stuff.

John

thank you so much for asking around. yes i need that many cooling fans some are for the engine others are for hydralic cooling systems and air conditioning. this is not a car as it is a 500HP diesel service truck.

if anything has to go it would probably be the radio and amplifiers. i really dont want to do that.

one of the relay busses that is the biggest mess is for the fog lights and service lights and reverse lights. there is about 16 and some need to be turned on from the cab while driving and turned on by an exterior switch on the outside of the truck.

i dont need one to hold all the relays and i will settle even for this pack of 4 that you found, i really like the see through cover. if i could just find one that holds 10 or so that would be great

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.