how to install more relays? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Construction Tips

Construction Tips Construction techniques and tips

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th October 2009, 11:00 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to scampo77
yes thank you very much this is getting very close to what i am looking for but this one holds 4 at a time and i am looking to hold 10x that amount. i will buy a bunch of these if i have no alternative, i see they clip together quite nicely. but does anyone else know where i can find one just like this ( VWP - relay sockets ) except larger?
Old 27th October 2009, 02:24 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

I think you will struggle to find one box to hold that many. It would be huge as well, at least with the smaller ones you can tuck them away in smaller spaces.

Possibly some simplifying of your set up could help, do you really need 7 cooling fans? A bigger radiator would be a neater solution.

I will have a word with a mate who is in the auto electrics trade and see if he knows of anything that would sort you out. I doubt he will come up with anything mindst. It could be worth checking military surplus, they sometimes get some useful stuff.

John
Old 27th October 2009, 03:28 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

thank you so much for asking around. yes i need that many cooling fans some are for the engine others are for hydralic cooling systems and air conditioning. this is not a car as it is a 500HP diesel service truck.

if anything has to go it would probably be the radio and amplifiers. i really dont want to do that.

one of the relay busses that is the biggest mess is for the fog lights and service lights and reverse lights. there is about 16 and some need to be turned on from the cab while driving and turned on by an exterior switch on the outside of the truck.

i dont need one to hold all the relays and i will settle even for this pack of 4 that you found, i really like the see through cover. if i could just find one that holds 10 or so that would be great
Old 27th October 2009, 03:45 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

That explains a lot! You have no space issues then I take it?

I should be seeing matey in the next couple of days, if he comes up with anything I will let you know.

John
Old 27th October 2009, 04:05 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

no, no space is not an issue at all. if i can get exterior box ill hopefully put it under the cab and if not ill put them inside

the truck is 35 feet long im sure ill find space somewhere.(maybe next to the coffee pot hehe)
Old 27th October 2009, 04:21 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Result!

VWP - relay sockets

Scroll down the page to "Five module housing and cover" Then check the 2 relay modules, five modules of two relays is the closest we have come so far.

Hopefully you can find a supplier in your part of the world, you dont want to be removing amps, that will never do. I cant believe I missed it earlier, they look to have an export department too.

John
Old 27th October 2009, 04:58 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

yes this is pretty slick. do you know how many amp i can run though a micro relay? maybe i can put in 3x micro relay buses(1480x) and 2x big relay buses(1500x). this could clean up all my lighter gauge stuff
Old 28th October 2009, 07:17 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Putting the relay number shown on the website into google came up with this for the microrelays

Durite 12v 25amp micro make and break relay with diode, 0-727-13

John

Hide this!Advertise here!