Ontario Canada source for Baltic Birch...?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry guys/gals, but I promise I did do various searches before posting what I thought would be a common inquirery. :eek:

I'm currently in the hunt for the best pricing for Baltic Birch ply in central Ontario, Cdn.

So far... The best I've managed to come up with is A&M Wood Specialty.
A & M Wood Specialty - Sheet Goods - BIRCH, Baltic

I'd appreciate opinions on the listed asking price of $68cdn w/o taxes, for the 60x60x3/4" sheet. In trying to recall what I've gleaned from various threads, this doesn't strike me as that far off the norm. However I'd be extremely thankful if any could pass on sources they've used in the past/currently which are either cheaper and/or pleasant to deal with. :cloud9:

TIA

Last edited:
There is Central Faibank Lumber in Concord if you are close to Toronto.

I'm actually just North of T.O. so I'll definitely be taking a hard look at what they offer.

Not here either, or at least I haven't seen it.

Neither have I... My B&M list to date includes, Rona, HomeDepot, Lowes, Home Hardware, Simcoe Building Center. All sell standard ply but not Baltic birch...

They should.

It's a regular stock item at Windsor countrywide I'm told by the manager of Chilliwack:
Windsor Plywood Locations

Cheers!

Ouch... :eek: The only Ontario location is in Thunderbay...!

Although I do appreciate the suggestion, and I didn't exactly say where in Ontario I'm located. The 17hr drive (one way) to the Thunder Bay location is a little more time/$$$ than I'm willing to commit.

Ouch... :eek: The only Ontario location is in Thunderbay...!

Although I do appreciate the suggestion, and I didn't exactly say where in Ontario I'm located. The 17hr drive (one way) to the Thunder Bay location is a little more time/$$$ than I'm willing to commit.

17Hrs? Holy, I didn't realize Ontario was that big. I can be from Vancouver to Calgary is about that.

I am just shocked that the most populous province doesn't have an abundant supply :confused:

Good luck!

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
I am just shocked that the most populous province doesn't have an abundant supply :confused:

We have lots of Pizza Pizzas and Tim Hortons - that's the priority for most of the population. ;)

I can leave home and be back within 2 hours with all the BB I can fit in my truck (and more than I can afford). It's not a common building material so it's not going to be in the average lumber store. They do have lots of it at the places I go.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.