crossover question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to update the components on my 35 year old altec a-7 crossovers. My question is this do capacitors and inductors have an in and out lead or can they be installed in any direction , i have the schematic for the crossover and it shows with leads go to the positive and negative componets but are the caps and inductors polarity sensitive themselves
Thanks Ben B

I would like to update the components on my 35 year old altec a-7 crossovers. My question is this do capacitors and inductors have an in and out lead or can they be installed in any direction , i have the schematic for the crossover and it shows with leads go to the positive and negative componets but are the caps and inductors polarity sensitive themselves
Thanks Ben B

some capacitors are polarised but inductors are not.

polairised capacitors will have one lead marked with a "-" sign or even coloured. If you post a pic of the capacitors you have we'd be able to help you better.

you can replace polarised capacitors with non-polarised caps of the same value.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.