Looking to build an enclosure, where to start?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
crossovers i'm sorted, but an need the enclosure.
can anyone help me with it?

here are the details.

CS-2327
6" Response Precision Kevlar Splits

Power Handling: 60WRMS
Impedance: 4 Ohms
Voice Coil Resistance: 3.4 Ohms
Vas: 11.019
Qms: 4.828
Qes: 0.731
Qts: 0.635
Sensitivity: 88.2dB/Wm
BL: 4.298 TM
FS: 70hz
thanks in advance

Hi Aussiebuddah,

Using winisd (free download), For those specs, I think your safest bet is a closed box of 46 ltrs. Still, I will add, don't expect too much from this driver, It may sound OK, but I strongly doubt it will blow your mind! (big box, for little return). I hope I'm wrong in this respect. :)All the best.

Mick.

Number crunch

Ok I've crunched some numbers for ya..
This driver will work best with a ported design.Efficiency Bandwidth Product is at 95.759...
Most ideal (Shoot for 100!)
The box is tuned in at 1.584779...cubic feet, for a frequency of 44.243...Hertz. Assuming you use a three inch diameter port of 3.9461.....inches long.
INSIDE dimensions at the "Acoustic ratio" would be 11.104 inches BY 13.990...inches BY 17.6268.... inches.
It will eat power considering its low sensitivity.
________________________________________________________________Rick......

That would be one 6" driver for one enclosure. Traditionally the driver would be mounted on the 13.99" wall , but todays deeper than wide designs would have you putting it on the 11.104" wall.
Appx Eleven inches wide, Fourteen inches deep, Seventeen and a half inches high.
Frankly 44 hertz seems rather good considering its rather high resonate frequency!
Build it first & if you find yourself needing more Bass, then move on to a subwoofer.
________________________________________________________________Rick.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.