1.8KHz low pass filter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello I need a schematic of a 1.8KHz low pass audio filter.

hello.
i presume you want to use it in a preamp or so.......
there is a schematic of an active third order butterworth filter.
you can use two filters in series if one is not sharp enough.......
example: with r= 10k and f= 1800hz
you will get around 12nf, 33nf and 2nf for c1,c2,c3..........
greetings............

Attachments

• filter3.JPG
    filter3.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 217
Yes, it is for audio use in preamplifier levels.
It is basically used in a direct down conversion ssb receivers, to cut off the unwanted sideband of the downconverted (to audio) rf signal.
So this has to be as sharp as possible, to ensure that the higher audio frequencies will be attenuated as much as possible.
I did an extended search in the internet for a program to design such filters and I found FilterLab from Microchip company (the one that produces the PC microcontrollers).
I believe it is very nice program but I need your opinion.

I managed to design a filter using this software and I present you the results here to notify me if it is a sharp filter I have designed or not.

Note, I have no idea what phase slope means, but the responce slope seems sharp enough?

Attachments

• smallfltschem.gif
    smallfltschem.gif
    12.4 KB · Views: 198
  • smallresponce.gif
    smallresponce.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
yes it is a Chebychev filter indeed. I found it to have sharper cut off and the price you pay is about 1db ripple in the passband (with my attatched design).
I really cannot believe how simple it is to design an audio filter using filterlab, is it really so simple or have I done something wrong?

The way to test it can be done with a computer running an audio generator program and another computer testing the filter...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.