BIPS1 modification, resistor elimination - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Inactive Vendor Forums > Connexelectronic

Connexelectronic Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Old 29th March 2013, 04:43 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default BIPS1 modification, resistor elimination

To reconfigure BIPS module for the 12v supply, how do I safely remove the resistors? If desoldered do they then need to be bypassed with a segment of wire?

The SMPS500R I have is configured with output voltage of +\- 60v, could I leave the BIPS in the default configuration and power BIPS from the 60v output?
Are the resistors already the correct value to cut 60v to nominal operating voltage for BIPS?

Last edited by AmpedOut; 3rd April 2013 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Dead thread

Old 7th April 2013, 03:25 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

The resistors on my BIPS are 4 band green-blue-black-gold. That means I've got 56r resistors for 12 volt supply, and it matches up to the smps500r aux output.
NEW Audio amplifier kits, modules and many others.
Post 729 had the key fact about the resistor value.

Old 7th April 2013, 06:26 AM   #3
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

If the BIPS is supplied with +-12V to +-15V the 56R resistors which are default used on the board are the suitable ones to be used. but if is supplied at +-60V like in TA3020v4b application, the resistos must be changed with 2k2-2k4 to allow a ~20mA current to supply the two OP Amps on the board. I do not recommend to supply at such high voltage if a lower voltage is available. and always check the resistors value before power up the board at higher voltage. supplying the module with 56R resistors at +-60V will damage the resistors and some other parts on the board.

Old 7th April 2013, 04:43 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Excellent, thanks Cristi.

Hide this!Advertise here!