• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Which IRS2092 modules?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Charlie, the modules can be installed on another heatsink or aluminium baseplate, just need to remove the heatsink carefully. there isn't anything to be desoldered, only 6 screws. pay attention to the distance between heatsink and module, use spacers and if possible insulating sheet between board and heatsink. also pay attention to the flatness of the new heatsink, make sure the transistors will make perfect contact, use thermo-conductive paste and don't bend the transistors legs at all, as this can brake them internally and damage the module.

How do your CxD300 modules sound?

Hi Noah,

Was curious if you ever got these modules from Cristi and built your amplifier yet? If so, can you offer some comments on how they sound? Not sure if you ever tried any of the LJM based design (L15, L20, L25) modules, but if you did, I would be curious for a comparison of the two. Pictures?

My amp building days are on hold for awhile since I've recently relocated and have no finished basement, office, or workshop space yet! :eek: Plus I want to put in a media/home theater. Too many projects and not enough space and/or time. :D

Thx, Rick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.