Which IRS2092 modules? - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Inactive Vendor Forums > Connexelectronic

Connexelectronic Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Old 11th October 2012, 04:22 PM   #31
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

Ok, If you chose to use two SMPS800RE then the supply voltage issue can be solved very easy. since each aux voltage of SMPS800RE is independent and isolated, one power supply's aux. voltages can be used to supply the input stage and the other power supply aux. voltages can be used one for driver stage and one for speaker protection circuits.

The wires for the signal and aux. supply are 150-200mm long. longer wires can be sent on request.

Old 11th October 2012, 07:34 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

Noah, I think you still don't quite get it. For the 3 amplifier modules you need only 1 SMPS800R(E). This will provide +54/-54V for the power stage and +18/-18V for input stage for all 3 modules (and have enough capacity in the 18V to power speaker protection).
Then you need the independent +15V power supply that will be tied to the -54V (not ground) for the driver stage. Christi is offering this separate supply to customers that need it before the dedicated all inclusive supply is available. 2 SMPS800R supplies would be a waste because you would be using only the auxiliary output of the second supply and not the 54V output. If it's still not clear, you will have to wait for Christi's diagrams.
I'm not in a hurry, I'll wait until new supply is available.

Old 11th October 2012, 07:37 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

OK maybe I was wrong. I didn't see Christi's last post before posting my own response. I would like to see the diagram though.

Old 11th October 2012, 09:48 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

Thanks, Cristi, now we're getting somewhere

But before I order, is there any reason I would regret not waiting for the new PS?

I would get the 600W version for the three CxD250's.

Will it fit in a 1U case? If so, what are its length and width?

If it doesn't fit in 1U, I'll just get two SMPS800.

Thanks for the wire length info; I will work on the case layout and see what I need.

Speaking of layout, am I correct in assuming that on the CxD250 the screw terminal block is for 54V input and speaker output, and that the 8-pin connector is for signal and auxiliary input voltages?

Last edited by noah katz; 11th October 2012 at 09:56 PM.

Old 11th October 2012, 09:49 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
2 SMPS800R supplies would be a waste because you would be using only the auxiliary output of the second supply and not the 54V output.
One is for three CxD250's and the other for eight CxD300's.

Old 12th October 2012, 05:15 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Noah, that's some project with 11 amps!
With so many amps to power it has given you the flexibility to use 2 supplies, and there's not a deal of difference in price of 2xSMPS800R against 1xSMPS2000R. All you need decide now is 800R or RE (for Enhanced?), it's like detective work trying to find the difference, webpages only bring up manual for R version! I'll still wait for dedicated supply for a stereo pair as it includes protection as well (post 2).

Old 12th October 2012, 06:28 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

Russ, thanks for pointing that out, somehow I just missed or forgot about that!

Not having to deal with the space, wiring, and cost of six speaker protection boards is definitely worth the wait.

Cristi, can you please supply for the new 600W and 1200W SMPS the dimensions and locations of input and output connectors?

Old 12th October 2012, 06:29 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

Also, it seems to make more sense to protect speakers by removing the PS voltage instead of disconnecting the speakers.

No contacts in the speaker path and might even save the amp module from some damage.

Old 13th October 2012, 02:32 AM   #39
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

The advantage of using two SMPS800RE is that you have plenty of auxilliary voltages available, 4 in this case. Each SMPS800RE has two independent aux. voltages which can be configured for 5V, 12V, 15V and as I explained above, two aux. voltages configured for 15V each, from one power supply can be used to supply the input stage of the amplifiers. then the other power supply aux. voltages can be configured for 12V, one used for the driver stage and the other used for Speaker protection modules.

The current configuration does not allow power supply shut-down in case of DC component at the output and speaker protection modules need to be used. Only the dedicated power supply will have this option.

Old 13th October 2012, 07:18 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

Yes, I understand that now, but as I said, I now intend to wait for the new PS for the big advantage of not needing separate speaker protection boards.

Hide this!Advertise here!