Which IRS2092 modules? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Inactive Vendor Forums > Connexelectronic

Connexelectronic Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Old 25th September 2012, 06:15 PM   #11
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

CxD250-HP have some improvements compared with the rest of the modules, carefully designed layout after several attempts which each adressed some particular issues, best FOM DirectFET transistors used, with low gate charge/RdsON ratio, critically damped snubbers and tight dead-time selection, all which allows an exceptional sound with high efficiency. These modules can be used without any heatsink up to ~150W or up to 250W if the modules are installed on the housing bottom with thermal interface material in between for best heat transfer.

I don't have any Hypex module, (I couldn't buy them here in china or elsewhere) so I could not compare them. But I guess for a well trained ear there will be some differences at least because of the topology used, Hypex are post-filter feedback which allows them to be very transparent, while IRS2092 based amps are all pre-filter which add some color especially at the high frequency spectrum and because of this the pre-filter amps are preferred by many users against post-filter amps. and I'm not talking just about hypex vs. IRS2092 but about any post-filter vs. pre-filter amp, many pre-filter amps being fully integrated amps like Ti's PurePath TAS5630 or NXP TDA8950 or driver+MOSFET like IRS2092 or even Tripath. You might have noticed some debates between Tripath (pre-filter) and Hypex (post-filter) supporters about which one sounds better. I think similar situation will be if compare Hypex with IRS2092 solution.

Old 26th September 2012, 12:14 AM   #12
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

Sounds like an exciting product. Can you tell more about the dedicated PS you are working on? Also, are the 1W measurements available (many manufacturers have data corresponding to 1W and full power)

Old 26th September 2012, 12:22 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Cristi,

- What are the dimensions of the CxD250-HP?

- How to order the heat sink for it?

- What is the idle dissipation of each CxD300-8R with 52V?

Thanks

Old 27th September 2012, 02:03 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Board sixe for CxD250-HP same as CxD400, 50x100mm and the height around 25mm with the heatsink installed. The boards come with the heatsink, in the picture I removed the heatsink of one of the boards to see what's under.
Idle power loss is around 3.4-4W for each channel, with the current DT setting. DT dependent. Separate supply rails are used for preamp section and driver section, not derived from the main supply rails like other modules.
The power supply will be able to supply all these necessary voltages and will be a direct plug&play for them.

Old 27th September 2012, 04:25 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
Separate supply rails are used for preamp section and driver section, not derived from the main supply rails like other modules.
Can the +/-12V of the SMPS2000R be increased to supply the needed voltages?

Quote:
Idle power loss is around 3.4-4W for each channel, with the current DT setting.
Yes, I saw that; I was asking about the CxD300-8R.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post
Cristi,
- What is the idle dissipation of each CxD300-8R with 52V?

Thanks for the other answers.

Last edited by noah katz; 27th September 2012 at 04:30 AM.

Old 30th September 2012, 12:00 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

"Can the +/-12V of the SMPS2000R be increased to supply the needed voltages?" Yes, theoretically few standard voltages can be chosen, like +-5V, +-12V +-15V and +-24V. the auxiliary supply use linear regulators such as LM78xx series. they can provide up to 500mA although some linear regulators can provide up to 1.5A but 500mA is conservative value to avoid excessive power dissipation.

CxD300-8R idle power dissipation is around 4W for 200W 8R version and around 6W for 300W 8R version. note that the minimum supply voltage must be around +-56V for 200W version and +-68V for 300W version. The board has under-voltage and over-voltage protection to avoid any possible issues caused by supply voltage out of range. It also has over-temperature and over-current protection, which I consider that are absolute necessary protections for any class D amplifier module, no matter that it cost 500 $ or 12 cents.

Old 30th September 2012, 10:51 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
"Can the +/-12V of the SMPS2000R be increased to supply the needed voltages?" Yes, theoretically few standard voltages can be chosen, like +-5V, +-12V +-15V and +-24V. the auxiliary supply use linear regulators such as LM78xx series. they can provide up to 500mA although some linear regulators can provide up to 1.5A but 500mA is conservative value to avoid excessive power dissipation.
What about in practice?

Can you provide SMPS2000R with the proper voltage to drive three CxD250-HP?

I won't be using the auxiliary voltage for anything else.

I would think that I'm not the only one who would want this.

I would like to order soon if we can get these questions resolved.

How much time will the Chinese holiday add to the process?

Thanks

Old 4th October 2012, 03:00 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Practice ? Tell me what voltages you need and I can tell you if can be done.
Yes, can be done, +-54V version should be chosen for the main output and write a note for +-15V aux. I'll get the Vbias using a separate power supply.

Now is chinese national day holiday, and will last till end of the week. starting from next monday the things will slowly get back to normal.

Old 6th October 2012, 11:12 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Yes, can be done, +-54V version should be chosen for the main output and write a note for +-15V aux. I'll get the Vbias using a separate power supply.
I'm not sure I understand; do you mean a PS separate from the SMPS2000R, or just another component you'll add to it?

If an additional PS is needed for the CxD250-HP's, I need the dimensions so I can work on the case layout, and its cost.

My order will consist of:

1. qty 3 CxD250-HP

2. qty 8 CxD300-8R

3. qty 1 SMPS2000R +/-54V, +/-15 VDC auxiliary

4. qty 1 CW2C-10A-T IEC connector (please, what are the cutout dimensions?)

5. qty 6 SPC speaker protector with 10A JW1FSN-DC12V

6. Additional PS? although if this is needed to supply what CxD250-HP's need, I guess you don't need to bother changing the SMPS2000R to +/-15V).

If the SMPS2000R can supply the CxD250's auxiliary voltages, is there any problem also using it to supply the six SPC1's and a small front panel LED?

I've seen many posts about problems with your email, so maybe it's best to do as much of the order here as possible, or is it working tOK now?

Thanks

Old 8th October 2012, 04:37 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Ok, let me try to explain:

Every class D amplifier needs at least few supply voltages. a main differential supply voltage for SE power stages, high current, medium voltage (+-25 to +-100+ V) then a driver stage supply voltage in range of 10V to 15V at 50mA to 0.5A depending on the amplifier rated power, referenced to V- and a single or dual supply voltage for the preamplifier, comparator, modulator, and other small signal stages, in range of 5V to 15V single or dual.
Most of the amplifiers which I built have house-keeping power supply circuits which supply this voltages derrivated from the main power stage voltages, more or less efficient, using linear regulators or switching regulators (buck converters). both have advantages and disadvantages, they are far from perfect. linear regulators are less noisy, but waste power, and switching regulators add noise which have to be filtered somehow, and this in turn leads to increased complexity.

With CxD250-HP I tried to get rid of all the disadvantages mentioned above, obtain a high performance, high efficiency and low noise amplifier, regardless of complexity. So I chose to supply all the voltages from external independent sources. the dedicated power supply for CxD250-HP which will be available soon, will provide all these necessary voltages.

My observation regarding the extra power supply was for the driver stage supply voltage. SMPS2000R aux. output will supply the input stage voltage, +-15V and the speaker protection circuits will be supplied from the additional small power supply used for driver stage as well, but with isolated output, not common with the speaker protection boards.

My email is working relatively fine in the recent weeks, but I wont be surprised to have issues again anytime soon. the reason I believe is the large number of mails received and sent every day, but I don't exclude some malware as well, I had to re-install wingoz last week after a serious system crash. I use to read and reply mails on few computers, at work, home, on my laptop and mobile devices for urgent ones.

Hide this!Advertise here!