• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

IRS2092 modular amp at 91v with A1000SMPS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
could the smps a1000 be wired for 91v to get the most power from the irs2092 modular amp? i'm looking to use them to drive my subwoofer. the driver is rated for 1200w rms.
not looking for continuous power at 91v from the modular amp as the subwoofer will only be handling <80Hz material during movie playback.

Last edited by a moderator:
As i explained in the email reply, the IRS2092 modular amplifier can be supplied with up to +-91V to get more than 800W at 4R with 0.1% THD or up to 1000W with higher THD level. At this power level the amplifier module has to be properly cooled and the supply voltage must be regulated to make sure will not exceed +-95V due to pumping phenomenon or will shut-down prematurely or even fail if stressed too much. Two modules connected in BTL mode supplied with lower voltage, +-84V for long term reliable operation is recommended to be used, and powered from SPS2000R instead. A1000SMPS cannot provide the necessary peak power for such power level, and the output voltage of this power supply is not so high unless custom transformer is made and the voltage is set on request. also the efficiency of SMPS2000R is higher, and this is an important factor at this power level.

thanks for the reply.
is the a1000smps and the irs2092 modular amplifier in stock right now?

i'm gonna force air cool all the modules and not looking for continuous high power from them as the amp will only be loaded at maximum 450w into 4 ohm. in normal operation i'm guessing the amp will only be loaded less than 100w as it's only be covering <100Hz
appare10.jpg

i'm asking about the extra headroom as i maybe intend to move them to another sub which will see them loaded with 650w into 4 ohm.
power10.jpg

extra headroom is always welcomed as it allows eq to be applied and not be limited by the amp.

Last edited:
Standard output voltage is on stock, plus several complete boards except transformer, output caps and few components from the feedback loop which are installed upon order, depending on the required output voltage. in other words, other values than the standard ones are build on request. It takes one-two weeks more, as we need the transformer to be winded for the coresponding voltage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.