IRS2092 Modular Amplifier - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Inactive Vendor Forums > Connexelectronic

Connexelectronic Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Old 26th March 2012, 12:12 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to activexp Send a message via AIM to activexp Send a message via MSN to activexp Send a message via Yahoo to activexp
Default IRS2092 Modular Amplifier

Does anyone know the size of the IRS2092 Modular Amplifier board?

Thanks.

Old 28th March 2012, 05:03 PM   #2
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

I know. 100mm long, 65mm wide and the height is aprox. 40mm. two or more modules can be installed in horizontal position in a 1RU case, and a fan can be used to blow air through the heatsinks to keep them cool at higher power.

Old 28th March 2012, 06:03 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to activexp Send a message via AIM to activexp Send a message via MSN to activexp Send a message via Yahoo to activexp
Thanks Cristi, I thought you might know

Old 20th April 2013, 08:13 PM   #4
redjr is offline redjr  United States
diyAudio Member

Cristi -

Do you have a link to the webpage that has the docs for your IRS2092 amp module? I'm in desperate need of the pinout assignments for the 9-pin molex plug and color-coded wires. I made some assumptions on which pins were signal-in for a test and they were wrong. At least I didn't get any sound. It would be nice to have access to your docs for some guidance. I'd like to get this amp working this weekend.

Plus you indicate in the amp's description that there are some lines used for supply of input stage and driver stage voltage regulators. I don't intend to use those, but do need the signal-in pins. Are they pins 3 and 7?

Thx,
Rick

Old 20th April 2013, 09:45 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Well, I've heard some snap crackle and pop (not good), but no sound. I've tried all the pins that are not GRD to no avail. Plus, something interesting... The red LEDs are very dim and never do get bright, and the white LEDs never do light up. Of course some documentation on the module would help me sort this out a bit, but alas, I haven't heard from Cristi yet.

Cristi -I did order the 200w version which states it needs 42 to 47 volts. My supply puts out +-64v. Will that necessarily harm the module, or should I plan on reducing the PSU voltage?

Rick

Old 21st April 2013, 02:04 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Cristi,

Are the pin-outs of the 9-pin connector for the IRS2092 the same as for this class T module (TA2022Amp)?

Thanks,
Rick

Old 21st April 2013, 09:18 AM   #7
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

you could try this http://www.connexelectronic.com/docu..._Amplifier.pdf first.

Old 21st April 2013, 07:57 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
Thanks for the link. It provided just what I needed. As it turned out, I was using the correct pins for L and R signal in and still getting nothing. Then it dawned on me that it may be a voltage issue - and I hope I didn't blow something on the board.

My question to you is... I'm using(tested) +-64v which is too high for the 200w standard output version that I ordered. That represents an almost 45% increase in voltage. I don't presume that is good! Since I did not get any sound is it safe to say that the amp went into over-voltage protection mode and either shutdown, or muted the output. I notice in your documentation that any voltage over about 15-20% can damage the amp. Oops! I hope that hasn't happened. I'll try a lower voltage PSU next weekend when I get back home from a business trip.

Any insight you can offer would be appreciated. Nothing on the board looks visibly damaged due to the higher voltage being applied, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it hasn't been. I hope not.

Rick

Old 14th May 2013, 01:14 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Hi redjr,

Just spoken to Cristi and told him about your problem. Unfortunately, its likely you've blown your IRS2092 board with over-voltage. 64v compared to 47v is quite a lot higher than the normal value. Its not 100% certain that damage has occurred, but likely. I would recommend finding a suitable power supply and try this with the IRS2092 before sending back to Cristi for repair.

Hope this helps!

Old 14th May 2013, 01:19 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Hi redjr,

I've just spoken to Cristi about your problem and he says its likely that you've blown your IRS2092 board with over-voltage. He cannot be 100% sure, but its quite likely. I would recommend finding the correct power supply first and then trying the IRS2092 board before sending back to Connex for repair.
Hope this helps,
Nick

Hide this!Advertise here!