Photo Gallery - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Inactive Vendor Forums > Connexelectronic

Connexelectronic Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Old 1st December 2010, 03:19 PM   #1
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

Default Photo Gallery

In this thread i would like to invite the customers who purchased amplifiers, SMPS modules and other boards from Connexelectronic to post pictures with their realizations. Since most of the customers remember to return or to leave a feedback only when something goes wrong or they have a problem, i will encourage them to post by offering discounts at their next purchase from 5% to 15% depending on the aspect, functionality, and results achieved. Please do not post any other comments than those regarding to the project itself.

Old 5th December 2010, 03:15 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hello Cristi

I exchanged in my power amp with two Hypex UCD400HG modules the two 1KW toroid transformers and the New Class D PSU with split foil caps to two SMPS500R.
What is the difference, in my opinion not so much. Maybe the bass has a little bit more pressure but it is only a feeling.
For the rest everything is the same like before.
For that reason the SMPS500R stays in. These things are absolute quiet and the best of all they save energy without any compromise in sound quality.
Christian a perfect job and also absolute high quality boards.
I will only use this kind of PSU in the future for my projects.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020128.jpg (100.6 KB, 1485 views)

Old 27th January 2011, 08:36 AM   #3
kpd is offline kpd  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to kpd Send a message via MSN to kpd Send a message via Yahoo to kpd
Hi Cristi,
Am very happy to find your TA0105 board to replace my damaged TA0104 amp and I was able to use the power supply and casing. The sound is very clean and totally grain free. Now thinking of getting another board and a couple of speaker protection modules to get rid of the turn on clicks and pops![IMG]c: desktop/img_1125c.jpg[/IMG]

Old 27th January 2011, 08:54 AM   #4
kpd is offline kpd  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to kpd Send a message via MSN to kpd Send a message via Yahoo to kpd
Default Ta0105 board

Am very happy to find Connex's Ta0105 ARB to replace my damaged Ta0104 amp. The sound quality is very good and is characterised as clean , clear and powerful sounding. Even for someone like me who is a noob when it comes to electronics, the installation was a breeze as my previous amp has a matching power supply. - Highly recommended!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1125c.JPG (97.7 KB, 1301 views)

Old 26th February 2011, 05:16 PM   #5
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

Jut got my 500W dual voltage resonant supply...

Click the image to open in full size.

You can read more here: Resonant SMPS for Audio H i F i D U I N O

Old 2nd April 2011, 07:36 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default Connexelectronic Boards

Hi Everyone,
It's been so long since I have had time to come on here in the Tripath arena and look around.
I have noticed some questions re Connexelectronic and noticed some people are on the fence and others are making decisions based on pictures and third part hearsay.
As for some history I am a professional audio engineer, I have been known to design, build, repair, record, produce and pretty much live in recording studios from back when we had giant machines with two inch magnetic tape and tubes. Don't laugh as many of you may know some of the best sounds came from these analog chains!
A couple years ago I was designing a mobile unit and needed some high power that was efficient. When performing field tracking sessions one would need not be concerned about the various venues having enough amperage to drive a rack of class A or Class A/B amplification, along with computers, tube mic's, class A preamp channels 192 A/Ds etc... After hearing one of those cheap low powered plastic Tripath 2020's if memory serves, we were blown away.
Up until then I had personally relegated class D to either only low low frequencies or as ear killers for some kids pimped out ride.
Around this time Tripath had been dissolved and there was nothing high power class T available off the shelf to shove in a rack. There were a few companies making kits from what basically looked like clones of the original Tripath evaluation boards. While one of these kit companies actually seemed to have an idea of what they were doing, by that I mean using proper thickness cladding, grounding etc. this level of care only seemed relegated to their top priced offerings.
Via reading through tons of posts I came upon Connexelectronic as they are a very quiet company for some reason. For less that the price of a kit where we would spend many more hours/days soldering a bunch of tiny surface mount components... I still like through hole as among other things my eyes are not what they used to be... we ordered our first boards from Connex. Truthfully I was a bit skeptical due to the prices and country of origin. Upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised by the level of care that went into the fabrication of these units, high quality components throughout, extremely pristine soldering and even easily decipherable schematics. What ended up seemingly another audio chore turned into a pleasant undertaking as I was able to use my own quality cabling and interconnects rather than what would have been provided in a retail fully assembled unit. In my opinion these parts do make a difference...
Since then we have trusted Connexelectronic to supply over ten thousand watts worth of Tripath boards and supplies, yes we are RMS freaks, and we have developed a wonderful rapport with the owner. Cristi has always been excellent in responding to the sometimes quirky nature of our requests, our high expectations of design and of course our ultimate requirement for expeditious response regarding technical issues.
The few issues we have encountered were due to operator error rather than design or build flaws. These amps are very fast and powerful and can reproduce dynamics in live situations that require one take hf driver protection to heart. Also being a chip amp they are not as robust as discrete components and one should always take relevant precautions such as shutting off power prior to connecting/ disconnecting these into/out of the signal chain. In other words simply never make changes while powered up with signal on the inputs or outputs and it's all good.
The picture of our first 3020 Tripath thousand watt amp going through layout iterations and our other picture of the latest 3020 revisions prior to being loaded into chassis.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tripath_layout.jpg (245.7 KB, 1146 views)
File Type: jpg amps.jpg (220.2 KB, 1169 views)

Old 3rd April 2011, 04:06 PM   #7
jsganz is offline jsganz  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Guitar amp using TA3020v4 (400)

The easiest installation I've ever had in a powered speaker cabinet. My electric guitar goes through an external preamp/effects unit (Line 6 PODxt)
and directly into Cristi's TA3020v4. Best tone I've ever had and completely reliable thus far. Other band members couldn't believe the sound.
They were knocked out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JSG amp Back.JPG (77.3 KB, 564 views)

Old 4th April 2011, 11:13 AM   #8
col is offline col  Australia
diyAudio Member

My ConnexElectronics TA3020v1 is still going strong. It's been used daily for over 2 years now.

Some more pics here:

MINIRIG Minirig ConnexElectronics Tripath TA3020

col.

Old 4th April 2011, 01:38 PM   #9
zog666 is offline zog666  Australia
diyAudio Member

Here's mine. Unlike some of the lovely cases here I've gone the "found object" route for my enclosure... though as the found object is a scrapped power supply case for a bit of medical gear with a hospital grade EMI mains filter it's worked out OK:

Using TA3020v3c module, the Connex softstart, a 500 VA toroidal transformer with some ground loop protection. The unit sounds great, looks... industrial.

Old 5th April 2011, 06:23 PM   #10
stefanb is offline stefanb  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Default diy plateamp

Inside: 1 x TA3020 Audio Amplifier v4 from Connexelectronic 2x400w
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03042011651.jpg (648.7 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg 04042011666.jpg (642.6 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg 04042011678.jpg (793.2 KB, 251 views)
File Type: jpg 04042011671.jpg (884.0 KB, 271 views)
File Type: jpg 04042011675.jpg (690.6 KB, 260 views)
File Type: jpg 04042011690.jpg (661.1 KB, 206 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!