• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Photo Gallery

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In this thread i would like to invite the customers who purchased amplifiers, SMPS modules and other boards from Connexelectronic to post pictures with their realizations. Since most of the customers remember to return or to leave a feedback only when something goes wrong or they have a problem, i will encourage them to post by offering discounts at their next purchase from 5% to 15% depending on the aspect, functionality, and results achieved. Please do not post any other comments than those regarding to the project itself.

Hello Cristi

I exchanged in my power amp with two Hypex UCD400HG modules the two 1KW toroid transformers and the New Class D PSU with split foil caps to two SMPS500R.
What is the difference, in my opinion not so much. Maybe the bass has a little bit more pressure but it is only a feeling.
For the rest everything is the same like before.
For that reason the SMPS500R stays in. These things are absolute quiet and the best of all they save energy without any compromise in sound quality.
Christian a perfect job and also absolute high quality boards.
I will only use this kind of PSU in the future for my projects.

Attachments

• P1020128.jpg
    P1020128.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 1,750
Hi Cristi,
Am very happy to find your TA0105 board to replace my damaged TA0104 amp and I was able to use the power supply and casing. The sound is very clean and totally grain free. Now thinking of getting another board and a couple of speaker protection modules to get rid of the turn on clicks and pops!

Ta0105 board

Am very happy to find Connex's Ta0105 ARB to replace my damaged Ta0104 amp. The sound quality is very good and is characterised as clean , clear and powerful sounding. Even for someone like me who is a noob when it comes to electronics, the installation was a breeze as my previous amp has a matching power supply. - Highly recommended!:)

Attachments

• IMG_1125c.JPG
    IMG_1125c.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,548
Connexelectronic Boards

Hi Everyone,
It's been so long since I have had time to come on here in the Tripath arena and look around.
I have noticed some questions re Connexelectronic and noticed some people are on the fence and others are making decisions based on pictures and third part hearsay.
As for some history I am a professional audio engineer, I have been known to design, build, repair, record, produce and pretty much live in recording studios from back when we had giant machines with two inch magnetic tape and tubes. Don't laugh as many of you may know some of the best sounds came from these analog chains!
A couple years ago I was designing a mobile unit and needed some high power that was efficient. When performing field tracking sessions one would need not be concerned about the various venues having enough amperage to drive a rack of class A or Class A/B amplification, along with computers, tube mic's, class A preamp channels 192 A/Ds etc... After hearing one of those cheap low powered plastic Tripath 2020's if memory serves, we were blown away.
Up until then I had personally relegated class D to either only low low frequencies or as ear killers for some kids pimped out ride.
Around this time Tripath had been dissolved and there was nothing high power class T available off the shelf to shove in a rack. There were a few companies making kits from what basically looked like clones of the original Tripath evaluation boards. While one of these kit companies actually seemed to have an idea of what they were doing, by that I mean using proper thickness cladding, grounding etc. this level of care only seemed relegated to their top priced offerings.
Via reading through tons of posts I came upon Connexelectronic as they are a very quiet company for some reason. For less that the price of a kit where we would spend many more hours/days soldering a bunch of tiny surface mount components... I still like through hole as among other things my eyes are not what they used to be... we ordered our first boards from Connex. Truthfully I was a bit skeptical due to the prices and country of origin. Upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised by the level of care that went into the fabrication of these units, high quality components throughout, extremely pristine soldering and even easily decipherable schematics. What ended up seemingly another audio chore turned into a pleasant undertaking as I was able to use my own quality cabling and interconnects rather than what would have been provided in a retail fully assembled unit. In my opinion these parts do make a difference...
Since then we have trusted Connexelectronic to supply over ten thousand watts worth of Tripath boards and supplies, yes we are RMS freaks, and we have developed a wonderful rapport with the owner. Cristi has always been excellent in responding to the sometimes quirky nature of our requests, our high expectations of design and of course our ultimate requirement for expeditious response regarding technical issues.
The few issues we have encountered were due to operator error rather than design or build flaws. These amps are very fast and powerful and can reproduce dynamics in live situations that require one take hf driver protection to heart. Also being a chip amp they are not as robust as discrete components and one should always take relevant precautions such as shutting off power prior to connecting/ disconnecting these into/out of the signal chain. In other words simply never make changes while powered up with signal on the inputs or outputs and it's all good.
The picture of our first 3020 Tripath thousand watt amp going through layout iterations and our other picture of the latest 3020 revisions prior to being loaded into chassis.

Attachments

• tripath_layout.jpg
    tripath_layout.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 1,400
  • amps.jpg
    amps.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 1,429
Guitar amp using TA3020v4 (400)

The easiest installation I've ever had in a powered speaker cabinet. My electric guitar goes through an external preamp/effects unit (Line 6 PODxt)
and directly into Cristi's TA3020v4. Best tone I've ever had and completely reliable thus far. Other band members couldn't believe the sound.
They were knocked out!

Attachments

• JSG amp Back.JPG
    JSG amp Back.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 697
Here's mine. Unlike some of the lovely cases here I've gone the "found object" route for my enclosure... though as the found object is a scrapped power supply case for a bit of medical gear with a hospital grade EMI mains filter it's worked out OK:

main.php

Using TA3020v3c module, the Connex softstart, a 500 VA toroidal transformer with some ground loop protection. The unit sounds great, looks... industrial.

main.php

Here is my first class D amplifier made with following Connexelectronic modules:
2 x IRS2092 Modular Amplifiers – 600W 4Ω. each and around 900W 8Ω in BTL mode.
1 x Balanced Input Phase Shifter – to select symmetric / asymmetric and stereo / BTL modes
1 x SMPS2000R power supply. ± 80V 2000W.
I received these modules completed and tested. I simply mounted them in a 2U chassis, added some wires, 2 fans and few components...
The result is a very stable and nice sounding amplifier in stereo mode as well as in "bridged" (BTL) mode. It sounds GREAT, with powerful and strong bass, while keeping details of medium and high frequencies and without any white noise, hiss or 50Hz noise.
When I compare with a Class AB power amp, I cannot say which is better than the other.
I regret having received the modules without any documentation and specifications. Fortunately, the silkscreen printing on PCB allow do without.
Very well designed modules, with excellent construction quality and good value for money. Highly recommended!

Attachments

• 100_4719.JPG
    100_4719.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,195
  • 100_4715.JPG
    100_4715.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 1,257
  • 100_4714.JPG
    100_4714.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 1,315
  • 100_4722.JPG
    100_4722.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 1,148
  • 100_4744.JPG
    100_4744.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,103
  • 100_4762.JPG
    100_4762.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 263
  • 19052011_006.jpg
    19052011_006.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 468
  • 19052011_009.jpg
    19052011_009.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 375
  • 100_4805.JPG
    100_4805.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 337
I found ConnexElectronic during my search for a high-power, hi-quality audio SMPS solution available to the public in small quantities for some amps I was building as part of a larger ambitious R&D project. In the process, I made acquaintance with Cristi, which quickly grew into a transcontinental friendship. I have learned great respect for his hard work, skills with electronics and willingness to be forthright and earnest. I really like these power supplies. The Connex supplies are very robust designs that can easily be customized to suit nearly any audio power supply application - frankly for a bargain price. The soft-switching resonant LLC topology (among some of the others available) allows for very efficient, compact, noise-free amplifiers.

I built two multi-channel amplifiers, an 8 channel UcD400 and a 16 channel UcD180LP. Both use a SMPS2000R supply. The 8 channel is for a home theater system and the 16 channel is for a distributed audio system. These are prototype amplifiers. Higher power SMPS will be used in the future - as they become available. Coming soon are multi-channel UcD700 and UcD2k amps.

The Hypex UcD technology has also become a favorite of mine. Specifically, UcD technology is truly elegant in design and it has become the standard I judge amplifier performance by.

I'm thrilled with the performance of these amps. Quiet, clean, efficient, powerful and accurate. I implemented a bottom-to-top forced cooling method that works well for the application they are being used for. The aluminum cases were machined, drilled and etched by my home-built CNC. Each channel has a green/red bi-color LED channel mute/enable button that monitors channel power supply errors and a volume knob with a green/red bi-color LED built in for channel signal detection and clipping.

Additional pics can be found at:
http://www.photobucket.com/8xUcD400
http://www.photobucket.com/16xUcD180LP

P1010008.jpg
P1160041.jpg
P1010012.jpg
uP1010029.jpg
P1010004.jpg

finally got some pictures on my TA3020v4 board mounted in its very unassuming case its mainly a test fit so far.

Originally got the 8x8 amp for the case to build a stereo lm3886 amplifier, which it was for a number of years but the board design had a bad hum problem so I decided to put this board in it.

I do have a problem with air flow, being there is no air flow with the lid on so I'd been testing it with the lid off.

So I'm wondering what the best air path would be so I could add vents and a fan.

Attachments

• 2011-09-30 18.24.08.jpg
    2011-09-30 18.24.08.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 392
  • 2011-09-30 18.24.38.jpg
    2011-09-30 18.24.38.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 200
  • 2011-09-30 18.25.44.jpg
    2011-09-30 18.25.44.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 288
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.