• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Audio Amplifier Accessories

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
soft start board

Hello Cristi,
I have used the board before a 500W transformer and followed by 160 000 uF of line filtering and a solitary Cl 60 thermistor. I am planning to add another 40 000 uF of line filtering.
Will this be an issue with the soft start board?

BTW have you mailed out the speaker protection board to Malaysia ?

Thanks

kp93300

you can add another 40mF capacitors, but if the transformer isn't able to deliver the required current when charging the capacitors you might need to increase the timing for the delay by changing the 10uF capacitor with a bigger one. be careful with the rectifier bridge, if can handle the inrush current, without afecting the reliability.

i sent the speaker protection already, it should arive by now. if not, then just after the chinese new year. let me know when you get it.

you can add another 40mF capacitors, but if the transformer isn't able to deliver the required current when charging the capacitors you might need to increase the timing for the delay by changing the 10uF capacitor with a bigger one. be careful with the rectifier bridge, if can handle the inrush current, without afecting the reliability.

i sent the speaker protection already, it should arive by now. if not, then just after the chinese new year. let me know when you get it.

Hi Cristi,
Many thanks fro the reply.
kp93300

Speaker protection for bridged amp with 15vdc on each leg

I am trying to implement speaker protection for a bridged amp with single 30v supply that always has +15vdc between each leg of the output and ground, 0v between the legs. I believe that I can use a pair of resistors in series across the outputs and sense for dc from their center tap to either speaker terminal if I use a separate transformer to power your protection module and don't correlate the grounds between it and the amp. Do you have a link to the circuit for the protection module? Do you also sell a cheap 110v transformer to go with the module?

Try it

I am trying to implement speaker protection for a bridged amp with single 30v supply that always has +15vdc between each leg of the output and ground, 0v between the legs. I believe that I can use a pair of resistors in series across the outputs and sense for dc from their center tap to either speaker terminal if I use a separate transformer to power your protection module and don't correlate the grounds between it and the amp. Do you have a link to the circuit for the protection module? Do you also sell a cheap 110v transformer to go with the module?
I guess I'll just have to try it to find out if it will work.

sorry for late reply, i just came back after Easter Holiday, i had no internet where i was....
to use the speaker protection circuit for a BTL connected amplifier, the reference voltage (the floating GND which can be disconnected from the backside of the board) must be biased with a DC voltage equal to the output voltage with no input signal. if the amplifier is supplied at 30V DC, the outputs will have about 15V at idle. the GND reference of the speaker protection must be connected with a resistor divider between 30V and GND, and the amplifier supply voltage must be isolated from the speaker protection module supply voltage, with a small transformer or a separate transformer winding. i can provide you the transformer as well.

Transformer

sorry for late reply, i just came back after Easter Holiday, i had no internet where i was....
to use the speaker protection circuit for a BTL connected amplifier, the reference voltage (the floating GND which can be disconnected from the backside of the board) must be biased with a DC voltage equal to the output voltage with no input signal. if the amplifier is supplied at 30V DC, the outputs will have about 15V at idle. the GND reference of the speaker protection must be connected with a resistor divider between 30V and GND, and the amplifier supply voltage must be isolated from the speaker protection module supply voltage, with a small transformer or a separate transformer winding. i can provide you the transformer as well.
What voltage does the speaker protection module require?
Your site doesn't catalog any transformers. Do you have a part number for a small 110v transformer for the protection module? .2 amp? .1 amp? How do I add it to my shopping cart?
Can I just power it from the 32vdc supply of the amp with a divider center tapped to supply the reference and ground for the module? Will it tend to turn off and open the relay before the amps turn off pop? Or at the same time as the pop possibly letting some through?

Last edited:
power supply for speaker protection module,

the standard speaker protection module can be powered with AC voltage in range of 10-12V AC or DC voltage of 11-15V DC. for DC, the AC1 and V+ must be connected together. the power consumption is very low, below 1W and doesn't require a separate transformer unless there is no AC or DC suitable voltage available.

I want to use dc . I want to check the power input wiring.

0v DC tied to the ground
12V + dc tied to ac1 and V+

Is this correct? Have you got a schematic ?
thanks

kp93300

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.