• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Switched Mode Power Supplies (SMPS)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A1000smps

I have written in a private email about the design of the smps is aimed at the 220vac market since it has a low voltage 12 volt transformer with 220vac primary only also no means of switch selection for 220/110 vac operation.I am ordering both the smps and the irs2092 amplifier.Are there doc's for these two items?

Thanks
Chas1

i've sent you a reply earlier today.
the small aux. transformer is available both in 220V version and 110V version. the smps works fine at 110V as well. the only thing what need to do when placing an order is to mention about the mains voltage value, and i can choose which transformer to use on that board and to make the jumper for the 110V.

Got email and responded, glad you are a member here and you monitor your threads.I need the 110 version without transformer provided the startup circuit has been tested at low line ; dc after rectifiers of about 250 volts or 100vac input.I like the idea of softswitching but a supply of 1kW or higher with that topology appears difficult at present time.I think forward using controllers with skipcycle for light loads(NCP1217 onsemi) with PFC frontend can result in a nice supply for audio.When I finish I will send docs and you are welcome to build a couple for test.I use paypal for order,how will I indicate supply I want?Also finding current mode difficult for audio I have both current and voltage mode under test with 1kW AB amp at present, fsw 150kHz.
Chas1

Last edited:
Smps250

i will write the manual for the smps soon. until then, please ask me if you have some questions about.
I will attach the pinout diagram and application example using this smps, TA2022 amplifier board and Speaker protection circuit

Attachments

• SMPS.JPG
    SMPS.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 4,722
  • SMPS Interconnection.JPG
    SMPS Interconnection.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 4,219
How to connect to TDA89xx board?

the smps250 pcb size is 100x90mm. complete size including all the parts and heatsink 100x100x52mm. the output voltage can be adjusted within +-25 to +-31V range, so can be used for any TDA89xx amplifier modules.

If I want to use the smps instead of my toroids, how do I connect the SMPS. Is it in the samme place as the toroid, or should I solder new connections somewhere on the circuit board?

to use the smps for the TDA89xx amplifier modules, just simply remove the rectifier bridge from the board and connect the AC1, AC2, to the corresponding + and - pins, and connect the smps to the amplifier board with regard to the correct polarity. the smps output voltage must be lower for the TDA8920 and TDA8924 amplifier boards, +-24V and for the TDA8950 can be +-30V. the voltage can be adjusted from the small pot on the smps board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.