• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Switched Mode Power Supplies (SMPS)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ciu: I have to update the infos, as well as the picture, I will do it as soon as I will have access to the website, from HK. the latest SMPS200QR power supply version looks slightly different, has added features, and increased peak/avearage power. a small heatsink is the most distinctive element. for France and most of european countries, I sugest purchasing them through Audiophonics, as the shipping is terrible again and we only send with DHL in Europe, which cost almost as much as the product itself. Alimentations SMPS - Audiophonics - Câbles, Amplificateurs et Accessoires DIY

for France and most of european countries, I sugest purchasing them through Audiophonics, as the shipping is terrible again and we only send with DHL in Europe, which cost almost as much as the product itself.
Is Audiophonics an official distributor? Do they handle warranty issues as well? Are there other distributors in Europe?

Edit: How much are the shipping costs from HK to Europe actually?

Last edited:
Off-topic posts removed. anything not related to power supplies will not get an answer and removed. starting from next week the shipping policy will change radically and will only ship with fast courier, DHL, TNT UPS or Fedex and charged according with their price table. Also I encourage any of you to consider purchasing from distributors whernever is possible. the list of distributors will increase in the following months and will cover all the major countries and continents. Trying to do a favour by charging reasonable prices for something which once was moderate shipping time service brought too much dissatisfaction. I hope is the last time when we have to speak about shipping issues.

Email doesn't seem to be working with me, I tried that first!

I placed an order on 7 Feb, never received shipping notification, got worried, got a tracking number on 17 Mar after much emailing, (China Post tracking doesn't seem to ever work so don't worry too much about not getting a tracking number!) and my order just arrived on 13 Apr...

I've been trying to get an answer to a question ever since -
Maybe somebody else here knows...

I received a SMPS200QR.
The link to the PDF on the site is broken or the PDF does not exist.
No documentation came with the unit.
Input and main output are pretty clear but there are also terminals marked "A", "O" and "O+"...
Does anyone know what these are?

John

@Cristi. You misunderstand my message regarding the shipping. It was basically in response to other people worrying about not hearing anything or getting tracking numbers - that I've been there, no need to panic, tracking doesn't seem to work anyway so just wait and it will arrive eventually.
I'm happy and sent you an email when my package arrived to let you know.

Regarding the SMPS200. The reason I asked about the additional connections is exactly because as you say "wrong connection could damage board". Now that I know it's an auxiliary out I can just ignore it and all will be safe.
You need to understand though that from the customer's point of view, there's no mention of an auxiliary output anywhere so who's to say you didn't add an enable pin or something?
I'm sure every customer really appreciates all your effort in designing a great product and the bonus auxiliary output is cool - I think a simple question about the pinout is probably better than an email saying my psu doesn't work or smoke came out...

Documentation with the SMPS500 and speaker protector are perfect and I am really impressed with the quality of the products.

John

Now, ive been complaining about all the slow things regarding shipping, and that i do stand by, shipping was slow.

However, Cristi`s after purchase service have been outstanding! One of my SMPS i received with a small broken diode, most likely due to throwing packages during shipping or something. After some emails we figured out that the diode was broken, and i was able to fix it on-site.

Id recommend Connexelectronic, but prepare for a shipping time a little longer than usual(2-3 weeks in my case, from what usual delivery time from china is), but if somethings wrong with your product, Cristi have the capability to help you fix it.

I would like to express my appreciation to Cristi, I just bought 2 SMPS 300RE to power Hypex UCD180 which becomes a great combo.

The shipment is on the slow side, but it is because I specifically ask him not to send my order via DHL/Fedex (too many hidden cost). I think he is little bit upset to some comments on this forum so he dont post here a lot anymore. But he replies promptly to my emails and always come with solution & good explanation. He certainly knows his things.

Certainly will buy from him again.

I would like to express my appreciation to Cristi, I just bought 2 SMPS 300RE to power Hypex UCD180 which becomes a great combo.

The shipment is on the slow side, but it is because I specifically ask him not to send my order via DHL/Fedex (too many hidden cost). I think he is little bit upset to some comments on this forum so he dont post here a lot anymore. But he replies promptly to my emails and always come with solution & good explanation. He certainly knows his things.

Certainly will buy from him again.

Great combo indeed: Hypex UCD-180HG and Connex SMPS300RE | H i F i D U I N O

Id recommend Connexelectronic, but prepare for a shipping time a little longer than usual(2-3 weeks in my case, from what usual delivery time from china is), but if somethings wrong with your product, Cristi have the capability to help you fix it.

Very happy witch my A1000SMPS from Connexelectronic . High quality product , working without any problems for more than a year now . Private mail Communication was fast and good , and 2 to 3 weeks shipping from China is fast , I buy a lot of components from China and average is 4 to 5 weeks to Australia ! ( My Toyota FJ Cruiser took 8 months to ship from Japan :))

Cheers ,

Rens

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.