Switched Mode Power Supplies (SMPS) - Page 7 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Inactive Vendor Forums > Connexelectronic

Connexelectronic Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Old 16th July 2010, 11:55 AM   #61
fb is offline fb  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
The actual version of A1000SMPS can provide both differential voltages in range of +-45 to +-58V, different values on request, as well as single voltage in range of +45V to +60V, other values on request.
Thanks Cristi, I did not know that. Can any of your other SMPS output single voltage +50V?

Old 16th July 2010, 07:00 PM   #62
alkasar is offline alkasar  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
if you can't find-it or is expensive, just let me know and i will send you without charge by letter.
Hello Cristi, i replaced the thermistor and it works The hardest part was to unsolder the old one! Excellent diagnosis.

I did not pick the thermistor from above links as the shipment charges are outrageously high. I picked the biggest available from a local vendor. He was not able to tell me how much amperage it would support. As it is 9,5mm diameter, larger than old one, it was worth a try.
It worked immediately : +/-27V output again. I connected to the amp (TDA8920BTH stereo, 8ohms speakers) and it works perfectly for an hour at low to medium volume.

Let's push volume up at 75%. After a minute or two ... sound started to scratch hum... smoke coming from the thermistor area I shut amp down immediately . After few minutes, when temperature was down, i switched back on, and it works again. Will not push the volume though!

I take your offer to send me a 10R thermistor that really supports the load. There is actually room to put a bigger one, up to 16mm if required.
Thanks again for your -post sales- support.

Old 17th July 2010, 10:14 AM   #63
Rephlex is offline Rephlex  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Cristi is the Vaux output on the smps250 isolated from the main output voltages?
Cheers!
Nick

Old 19th July 2010, 03:49 AM   #64
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

The Vaux is isolated from the main output and can be 5V, 12V, or 15V.

alkasar,
send me a mail with the address and i will send you the thermistors.
the smell is normal in the first few hours since they are getting hot the dust and grease burn-up. after few hours the smell is gone.

Old 19th July 2010, 08:12 AM   #65
diyAudio Member

I thought it should be but on my board there is a short between Vaux - and 0v on the main output. Does this mean that there is a fault with the board or are there any components that need to be changed in order to isolate the two outputs?
Both outputs are isolated from ground

Old 19th July 2010, 09:13 AM   #66
diyAudio Member

It is not exaclty a short, there is a jumper between main output GND and aux. GND. in case they share the same GND. if you remove this jumper the aux will be isolated from main output. the jumper have a ferrite bead for HF noise rejection and is between one of the 6800uF caps and one of the 1000uF cap. the designator is R19. simply remove the jumper and the aux GND will be isolated.

Old 19th July 2010, 11:04 AM   #67
diyAudio Member

Thanks very much! I got the amp and PSU set up yesterday and so far I am very happy with it.
I have it connected up to a power meter and the system uses 5 - 7w under normal listening conditions, but has far more bass and sounds much better than the system it replaced, that used 25w idle.

Old 20th July 2010, 05:07 AM   #68
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The actual version of A1000SMPS can provide both differential voltages in range of +-45 to +-58V, different values on request, as well as single voltage in range of +45V to +60V, other values on request.
Aso, a higher power SMPS is under development, but, as we know, it will be available for sale just when will be completed, fully tested and first batch on stock.
Do you mean one can have both (+-45V) AND +50V at same time? How much power can you draw from the +50V, assuming it's used "alone" (I'm asking because this could be an option for DA-1 amp)

Old 21st July 2010, 02:49 AM   #69
diyAudio Member

The A1000SMPS has by default differential output voltage, but if needed, single voltage can get as well instead of differential voltage. since the transformer can provide 2x50V, by rectifying full-wave the output voltage and has centre tap, a single voltage can also get very easy. if the voltage is in range of 80-120V DC, can use the acctual transformer and the voltage will get between -V and +V ouptuts, and if the output voltage needed is lower, between 40 to 60V the output voltage will get between +V and GND, but a small modification need to be made, the negative reference for the error amplifier must be moved to GND instead -V as it is by default. i can make this modification on request.

Anyway, since i have few more requests, i will make a single main output voltage plus an aux. voltage smps with output power between 500W and 1000W. that one will be suitable for DA-1 amplifiers.

Old 21st July 2010, 12:01 PM   #70
fb is offline fb  Australia
diyAudio Member

Cristi, can any of your other SMPS provide single + voltage? I’m looking for somewhere between +24v and +35v.

Thanks

Hide this!Advertise here!