Switched Mode Power Supplies (SMPS) - Page 55 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Inactive Vendor Forums > Connexelectronic

Connexelectronic Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Old 4th September 2012, 10:38 AM   #541
diyAudio Member

I have SMPS800R. It's states not to use thin wire. What exactly is thin? I have a 6 channel RB-TA2022 board to be powered by this SMPS, and the molex pins is quite thin
I'm not sure how thick a cable I can mount in a Molex 09-50-8051 female terminal housing.

Old 6th September 2012, 02:10 PM   #542
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

A wire capable to carry at least 5A continuous and ~10A peak current with a cross-section of at least 1^mm better 1.5^mm is just fine. Is useless to use very thick wires, like the "audiophile" OFC or whatever $melly advertised, because they won't make the difference but it could be worse, if the wire or insulation is too thick, and cannot fit properly into the terminal block connector and tight the screw properly to lock the wire in place. In other words, the wires which connects the amp with the power supply won't make any difference as long as they have decent section, not too thin to catch fire if excessive current pass through them.

Off course for a single ended amplfier, even multi-channel, the SMPS4K8QR is overkill, but the main application will be two of the new version of these modules: Connexelectronic each connected in BTL mode, able to provide ~2400W on 4R with forced air cooling. Supply voltage will be +-87V. At +-80V can still provide ~2000W in BTL mode each power amplifier module.

Old 6th September 2012, 03:01 PM   #543
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
In other words, the wires which connects the amp with the power supply won't make any difference.
Placebo has an effect in medicine. I believe snake oil can make the same to audiophile magic believers.

Please, let a chance to snake oil sellers to get their bad smelling money from Emirs and other rich bastards. For we can continue to laugh, reading hundred of very poetic pages about the "sound of the cables" and other cryogenic practices.

Old 6th September 2012, 07:11 PM   #544
diyAudio Member

Thanks Cristi. I will be able to fit in 1mm. There was some 0,75mm, wich is actually rated 10A. 0,75mm is standard wire in Danish household for 230 Volt 10 Ampere power cables.

Old 18th September 2012, 07:02 PM   #545
JustD is offline JustD  India
diyAudio Member

Hey cristi,
I am located in India. I want to order three smps800Rs.
Can you ship to a address in hongkong. What will be the shipping.
Regards

Old 20th September 2012, 09:51 AM   #546
diyAudio Member

I can ship to the address used in registration form, or the address mentioned in the order notes. also, the alternative shipping address must be added to paypal transaction too, as a note, if is not the default shipping.
For shipping cost, pls contact me by mail. for HK is cheaper, being just "over the fence" from us here.

Old 21st September 2012, 12:44 AM   #547
diyAudio Member

I never got an answer to the below questions.

need them now as I'm ready to order.

An additional question:

Are the heat sink fins horizontal or vertical?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post
Cristi,

Depending on the size of the heat sink you offer with the A1000SMPS, it might not fit in my case.

What are its dimensions?

Also what are the dimensions of the heat slab, and does it protrude beyond the 120 mm dimension?

Thanks

Old 21st September 2012, 03:43 AM   #548
diyAudio Member

Also, I will order the A1000SMPS with ETD49 stranded wire and 8200 uF caps.

It will be used to power twelve 150W IRS2092 modules, which I will ask you about in another thread.

I believe this will be adequate because all of my speakers use 94 dB sensitivity pro audio drivers and are bass-managed.

Do you agree?

Old 21st September 2012, 10:55 AM   #549
diyAudio Member

On the A1000SMPS manual, page 4 there is a diagram with size of the board. The heatslug sits on the board, and does protrude outside just about 0.2 mm just enough to establish a good thermal contact with the larger heatsink on which will be installed.

For your purpose, 12 x 150W amplifier modules, A1000SMPS will not supply enough current, I strongly recommend to consider SMPS2000R instead, as the total power required by all 15 modules is around 2000W.

Old 21st September 2012, 05:50 PM   #550
diyAudio Member

The 150W is only for brief peaks, which can be handled by the 160% peak capability; average power will be just a few W with my speakers

And two to four of the channels will only be used for height surround speakers, with low power requirements.

Hide this!Advertise here!