Switched Mode Power Supplies (SMPS) - Page 49 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Inactive Vendor Forums > Connexelectronic

Connexelectronic Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Old 8th March 2012, 05:00 PM   #481
diyAudio Member

Cristi, how long is the delay with the standard soft-start?

I don't see a problem with it being several sec; at least the last five receivers and preamp/processors I've had take at least that long before producing sound.

Old 8th March 2012, 10:42 PM   #482
Frosteh is offline Frosteh  United States
diyAudio Member

Cristi, would your A1000SMPS be a suitable replacement for a MeanWell SE-1000-48? I will be using it to power a CNC mill, not audio equipment so I don't really care how noisy it is. I just need to know that I'll be able to supply 48V with a max of ~20A. Thanks!

Old 9th March 2012, 10:12 PM   #483
diyAudio Member

(SMPS300R) yeah cristi i ve got terible hum with my ground . If i isolated the ground got not hum but it wasn't the solution .. in the documentation "R33 & C33 should be connected using the dedicated pads of the bottom ..
im sorry mut i dont understand ... i look and i dont see ...

Old 11th March 2012, 09:24 PM   #484
jclin4 is offline jclin4  United States
diyAudio Member

Cristi, an SMPS500R with custom +/-35V cut out on me and the fuse has blown.

I did the incandescent light bulb test as mentioned in an earlier post and the bulb lights continuously when power is turned on. Are the rails are possibly shorted?

Please advise next steps.

Old 12th March 2012, 12:07 AM   #485
diyAudio Member

Two SMPS800R ordered.

Old 13th March 2012, 01:26 AM   #486
jclin4 is offline jclin4  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclin4 View Post
Cristi, an SMPS500R with custom +/-35V cut out on me and the fuse has blown.

I did the incandescent light bulb test as mentioned in an earlier post and the bulb lights continuously when power is turned on. Are the rails are possibly shorted?

Please advise next steps.
Just to add a bit more information: I have the SMPS500R main voltage connected to a class D amplifier. The aux output is unused. Everything worked fine for many hours until the SMPS500R just stopped.

The fuse it came with is rated at 5A, but I think I read that 8-10A is more appropriate. Could it be that the wrong fuse was put in? Then again the lightbulb across the fuse connections did light continuously....so I don't know.

Old 13th March 2012, 11:01 AM   #487
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

Marco, can you send me a picture of the setup ? the hum have probably other source, an incorrect wire routing or GND loop. the acctual transformers for all the LLC converters have very low stray capacitance between primary and secondary side and hum caused by common mode currents is less likely to appear.
Jclin4, I prefer to be sent back, contact me for details. if there is a problem and is not working again, it might be easier for both of us if is sent back and repair or replaced. in this way i can also identify if there is any manufacturing problem with that particular version, since now i only have the SMPS500R-110V version with problems and i want to find the cause.

Old 13th March 2012, 11:38 AM   #488
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
the hum have probably other source, an incorrect wire routing or GND loop. .
Yes it was the cable antenna i try to remove it , i remove the earth no more hum but i got "hiiiiii" in the speakers , the smps must be got a earth.

Old 13th March 2012, 03:54 PM   #489
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

With most configurations, the SMPS and amplifier is working fine with the GND loop breaker connected, and only in some cases where several power supplies are using in the same enclosure which share the output GND might need to be disconnected.
Try to route all the cables at least 5-10 cm away from the power supply, and straight away from it, do not make loops on which the transformer fringing flux can induce noisy currents, and use only one GND point, star GND.

Old 14th March 2012, 08:03 PM   #490
diyAudio Member

Cristi, can you please advise me which of your power supplies would be suitable for use with the Sure 2X 300W TAS 5630 AMP i was thinking of your smps500r or smps800r .thanks brian

Hide this!Advertise here!