• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Switched Mode Power Supplies (SMPS)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for V to be adjustable between 30 and 100 Volts dc. I need up to 0.25A from each output.
I don't want to respond instead of Cristi, but this look impossible with any standard SMPS. They use a transformer to fix secondary voltage and cannot be regulated in such a delta. Just little adjustment of the output tension is possible. It would need a special design with not so good efficiency.

Note too that, with a linear regulated supply, you will lose more than 75% of power in heat at 30v if you want a continuous tune of output tension..
In the both situations, things can be better if you allow output to be adjusted continuously between fixed steps. Like in a laboratory PSU.

I don't want to respond instead of Cristi, but this look impossible with any standard SMPS. They use a transformer to fix secondary voltage and cannot be regulated in such a delta. Just little adjustment of the output tension is possible. It would need a special design with not so good efficiency.

Note too that, with a linear regulated supply, you will lose more than 75% of power in heat at 30v if you want a continuous tune of output tension..
In the both situations, things can be better if you allow output to be adjusted continuously between fixed steps. Like in a laboratory PSU.
Thanks I am just starting to learn about power design. In some switching designs can PWM duty cycle be used to vary output voltage? For the linear regulated supplies, is 25W output achievable ? Sure, 75W of heat would require a good sized heat sink, but if need be I can accommodate the space for that.

Thanks I am just starting to learn about power design. In some switching designs can PWM duty cycle be used to vary output voltage? For the linear regulated supplies, is 25W output achievable ? Sure, 75W of heat would require a good sized heat sink, but if need be I can accommodate the space for that.
As i said, seems very special with such a range in PWM, but possible to imagine, of course, with a poor noise factor. With Analog, it is 80X0.25 = 20 watts your regulator will have to dissipate. 80, because you need some 10 V of margin to regulate at 100v, so you will dissipate 110-30 = 80v in the regulator. in the worse situation.
See : TL783CKCSE3 from Texas instrument. You will need to drive with it a power transistor in emitter follower, because it will not dissipate enough, and think about some current limiter.

Yet another China holiday?

yes, but for others not for me :( i was sent by the company for which i work for almost a week in the middle of nowhere to a customer, just because there wasn't any chinese colleague who wish to spend the mid-autumn festival over there. i came back just last night, so, i will prepare and send all what has left from last 2 weeks in the following days. a little more patience will be apreciated.
i will reply to the mails as well, just to find some time. there are 278 mails to this date.....

Maybe you could leave a note on your websites
There is . . . (although not specifically about any particular situation). And there have been plenty of comments here as well. Because of the time required for fulfillment (it's a one man operation) and shipping (China Post, unless you want to pay $50-100 to DHL) you can expect a minimum of 4 weeks and not uncommonly 6 weeks from order to receipt. My last order was "lost in transit" on the first try, and took a full 3 months (no, I wasn't "happy" about that, but I didn't fill Cristi's mailbox with nasty posts either . . . just enough to let him know what was (or wasn't) happening, and he dealt with it).

If you can't deal with that then buy somewhere else.

I could never understand why someone which is not completely satisfied of my products or services would want to buy something again. If i would run after money, i should simply ignore the complains and get the cash instead. I've seen in this forum at least two or three other vendors which keep posting in all class D or power supplies threads where they might get the opportunity to sell something, and every time when there is someone in doubt about what should buy, the buy mine, buy mine game starts.

And to be ontopic, i'm working at the voltage versions for all the power supplies, and i will try to make as many as possible as stock versions, to cover almost all the possible request.
For SMPS800R will be a +-60V version with min about +-57Vmax. +-63V. that one could be suitable for what you need. I must repeat, why the range is so narrow, because the topology used can offer high efficiency and good regulation only at the voltage for which was designed, and decrease above or below.

I'm not gonna rise the price, even i have enough orders to do so, i even consider to bring few more models, some lower power versions with lower price than any alternative, including the Moneywell bricks. like i said in another post, i consider to charge extra for custom voltages mainly because after paying few $ more for the desired voltage, would remember easily that it will take some extra time.
In contrast, the price for all the parts had increased in the past 2-3 years, some with 30-40% others even double here on the local market, and if the price for a particular part which is essential rise more than 50% i prefer to not use that anymore than to bargain or pay that price. i hate when i get a higher price tomorrow for the same tomatoes which i bought yesterday. they are from the same lot or manufacturer, and because there is a shortage, the vendors see the opportunity to get some extra-cash. In all these years, the usd had fallen from 8.6RMB to 6.3 and euro from 11 to 8.6RMB
i hate to pay more and i would not gonna do for others what i personally don't like.

For SMPS800R will be a +-60V version with min about +-57Vmax. +-63V. that one could be suitable for what you need. I must repeat, why the range is so narrow, because the topology used can offer high efficiency and good regulation only at the voltage for which was designed, and decrease above or below.

I' like to order one of the +-60v SMPS800R.

How do I make such a custom order on your site?

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.