• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Linear Power Supplies

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Linear PSU questions

Just reading with interest the descriptions of the Linear Power supplies - but the description for PS10K80, PS18K71E, PS18K71S and PS15K63 appears truncated on my Firefox browser so I can't read it.. is it possible to update these descriptions?

Although the info PDF for the v3 TA3020 modules mentions the PS10K63 should I presume this has been replaced by the PS15K63?

sorry for bombarding your forum with questions, just had a wave of enthusiasm :D

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Discussions about Linear Power Supplies from Connexelectronic

Hi Cristi, I just purchased one of your linear PS the 60kuf 80v to replace the stock power supply that came with my (iraudamp) classdaudio amp kit.

I was wondering if you could tell me what the possible benefits of your PS design would be compared to that stock PS which just has the 4700uf caps and a KB10005 10A Bridge rectifier. It would be much appreciated.

thanks!

the power supply use fast rectifier diodes, rated at 16 or 25A depending on the model, or shottky diodes for the power supply modules which have the output voltage below +-50V. the current capability of the board is larger, so is the total capacity of the capacitors from the board. the total energy stored by them is up to 270 Joules depending on the board. (the 6x18mF board has this total energy).
the amplifier will perform better especially at the low frequencies and can reproduce a more natural sound since the voltage rail will sag less when the amplifier will deliver maximum power.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
the power supply use fast rectifier diodes, rated at 16 or 25A depending on the model, or shottky diodes for the power supply modules which have the output voltage below +-50V. the current capability of the board is larger, so is the total capacity of the capacitors from the board. the total energy stored by them is up to 270 Joules depending on the board. (the 6x18mF board has this total energy).
the amplifier will perform better especially at the low frequencies and can reproduce a more natural sound since the voltage rail will sag less when the amplifier will deliver maximum power.

Thanks. I'm not familiar w/ the brand of caps you use for the PS. I thought I read somewhere you chose them for their very low ESR. Is this accurate?

Here is the schematic of the power supply. most of the components values are same, except the diodes and the capacitors are different from a board to another.

Attachments

• PS10K80.JPG
    PS10K80.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 1,119
I bought a transfomer that is:

1KVA
Primaries: 115/230V 50/60Hz
Secondaries: 0-16V 1A, 13V-0-13V 1A, x2 40V 12A

What linear supplies would work best with this trafo? Can I hook up two boards? I am pretty new so sorry for such a rookie question.

The amp boards that I am looking at take +/- 45 to +/-60. So from this trafo can I run 2 of your linear power supplies? If so which ones do you recomend? I'm trying to put together a home theater amp.

Kind Regards,
Robert

Any of the boards suggested before, and the capacitors value and voltage can be chosen from the available ones. for your voltage, need to choose capacitors with working voltage at least 20% higher than the required voltage. capacitance, as big as you can afford, if you will use a soft-start circuits along with the supply boards and transformer, to limit the inrush current.

Boris,
i uploaded the schematic and pcb view at this section: Connexelectronic this is the direct link to the file: http://www.connexelectronic.com/documents/PS10K80.pdf
I also clean-up the products list at the Linear Power supply section, and instead of 10+ products which are basically two boards with different capacitors, now are just two boards and the capacitors can be selected from the drop-down menu. Only the capacitors which are on stock right now were added, some others which were available before i removed from the list due to insufficient stock and limited supply with long waiting time and very large price fluctuation. if any other value than the ones listed are needed, don't hesitate to contact me for availability and price.

Boris,
i uploaded the schematic and pcb view at this section: Connexelectronic this is the direct link to the file: http://www.connexelectronic.com/documents/PS10K80.pdf
I also clean-up the products list at the Linear Power supply section, and instead of 10+ products which are basically two boards with different capacitors, now are just two boards and the capacitors can be selected from the drop-down menu. Only the capacitors which are on stock right now were added, some others which were available before i removed from the list due to insufficient stock and limited supply with long waiting time and very large price fluctuation. if any other value than the ones listed are needed, don't hesitate to contact me for availability and price.

Too good :):)
Really thank you. Great work!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.