Linear Power Supplies - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Inactive Vendor Forums > Connexelectronic

Connexelectronic Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Old 31st October 2011, 10:28 AM   #31
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

i can't see it. the gmail has random problems. please try to send again from another email address.

Old 31st October 2011, 11:36 PM   #32
Lo_Tse is offline Lo_Tse  Canada
diyAudio Member

Cristi,

Basically, I am interested in the dual rail linear power supply. Would like to know 1) the lead time for delivery 2) what caps are available as options 3) an estimate on the shipping cost to Toronto, Canada (L6e1G3).

Thanks!

Lo_Tse

Old 1st November 2011, 02:42 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

The linear power supplies are all partially assembled, just waiting for the caps to be soldered upon order. the availavle caps right now are: 12,000uF 50V nippon-chemicon, 35x40mm, 22,000uF 50V capxon, 35x55mm, 4700uF 63V nippon-chemicon, 35x30mm, 6800uF 63V nichicion, 35x30mm 8200uF 63V nichicon, 70V 4700uF Rubycon, 25x50mm, 18,000uF 71V Elna, 35x80mm, 10,000uF 80V Nover, 35x60mm.
All are brand new and original, i do not sell counterfeit, or very popular here, so called "fan-xinda" or refurbished, (various lower capacitance or voltage caps, mostly old, from dissemblance, with replaced sleeve)

Old 2nd November 2011, 12:20 AM   #34
Lo_Tse is offline Lo_Tse  Canada
diyAudio Member

Cristi,

Thank you for the reply. Much appreciated!

Correct me if I am wrong, the SMPS's listed on your website do not require transformers to work. One can connect them directly to the mains? I am thinking of building a PASS F5, do you think a SMPS would work?

Thanks!

Lo_tse

Old 5th November 2011, 10:31 AM   #35
diyAudio Member

SMPS is the acronimous of Switched Mode Power Supply, an electronic device which converts the mains voltage to any voltage and current required for a given application within some voltage, current and power limits. Switched-mode power supply - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
they do not require a mains transformer because they already have one or more high frequency transformers, together with the switching and rectifier circuits. in other words, is the replacement of the classic heavy, bulky mains transformer, rectifier bridge, big capacitors, and eventually linear regulators, which provide constant output voltage up the the maximum current, when the load and mains varies.
all the power supplies can be connected directly to the mains voltage with the voltage values in range of 100-240V. for maximum efficiency and components utilization, most of the power supplies are configured to work at one mains voltage value only at a time. such as 100-125V or 200-240V. it is reasonable to assume that one will use the power supply all the time at one mains voltage range only, and in extreme cases, might be used at both ranges, since almost all countries have the same mains voltage within it's borders (except Brazil and few others)

Old 8th December 2011, 06:24 PM   #36
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

Default New Linear Supply

Is your new linear supply with protection aimed at the Wire amp @ diyaudio?
"The Wire AMP" Class A/AB Power Amplifier based on the LME49830 with Lateral Mosfets

Old 12th December 2011, 04:47 AM   #37
diyAudio Member

Not exactely, i designed this board to be used with TA3020v3k and future versions of TA3020 (if there will be any, due to parts shortage and rising prices) eventually class D amplifiers which require the supply voltages in range of +-40 to +-65V.
For the wireamp i started to work at a dedicated SMPS which i put on hold about one month ago due to health problems. i hope to be able to resume soon.

Hide this!Advertise here!