• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Linear Power Supplies

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, Cristi

I sent you an email to your Connexelectronic website about a week ago enquiring about your linear power supply but still have not heard from you. Thus, I am posting my question here. Basically, I would like to know how long would be the lead time for the dual rail linear supply? Also, would you please provide an estimate on the shipping cost of the PS to Toronto, Canada (L6E 1G3). Thanks!

Allan

The linear power supplies are all partially assembled, just waiting for the caps to be soldered upon order. the availavle caps right now are: 12,000uF 50V nippon-chemicon, 35x40mm, 22,000uF 50V capxon, 35x55mm, 4700uF 63V nippon-chemicon, 35x30mm, 6800uF 63V nichicion, 35x30mm 8200uF 63V nichicon, 70V 4700uF Rubycon, 25x50mm, 18,000uF 71V Elna, 35x80mm, 10,000uF 80V Nover, 35x60mm.
All are brand new and original, i do not sell counterfeit, or very popular here, so called "fan-xinda" or refurbished, (various lower capacitance or voltage caps, mostly old, from dissemblance, with replaced sleeve)

Cristi,

Thank you for the reply. Much appreciated!

Correct me if I am wrong, the SMPS's listed on your website do not require transformers to work. One can connect them directly to the mains? I am thinking of building a PASS F5, do you think a SMPS would work?

Thanks!

Lo_tse

SMPS is the acronimous of Switched Mode Power Supply, an electronic device which converts the mains voltage to any voltage and current required for a given application within some voltage, current and power limits. Switched-mode power supply - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
they do not require a mains transformer because they already have one or more high frequency transformers, together with the switching and rectifier circuits. in other words, is the replacement of the classic heavy, bulky mains transformer, rectifier bridge, big capacitors, and eventually linear regulators, which provide constant output voltage up the the maximum current, when the load and mains varies.
all the power supplies can be connected directly to the mains voltage with the voltage values in range of 100-240V. for maximum efficiency and components utilization, most of the power supplies are configured to work at one mains voltage value only at a time. such as 100-125V or 200-240V. it is reasonable to assume that one will use the power supply all the time at one mains voltage range only, and in extreme cases, might be used at both ranges, since almost all countries have the same mains voltage within it's borders (except Brazil and few others)

Not exactely, i designed this board to be used with TA3020v3k and future versions of TA3020 (if there will be any, due to parts shortage and rising prices) eventually class D amplifiers which require the supply voltages in range of +-40 to +-65V.
For the wireamp i started to work at a dedicated SMPS which i put on hold about one month ago due to health problems. i hope to be able to resume soon.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.