Class T Audio Amplifiers - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Inactive Vendor Forums > Connexelectronic

Connexelectronic Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Old 16th August 2010, 11:27 AM   #41
col is offline col  Australia
diyAudio Member

I think I just found the problem. If I disconnect the GND that goes from the speaker protection module to the -Vaux on the SMPS250 the signal looks much cleaner. Will try some audio through it.

col.

Old 17th August 2010, 08:27 AM   #42
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

i think that the ic might be damged.
i've been searching when you purchased the TA2022 amplifier board, to see from which version belongs and if i have any particular comments regarding that version. i haven't found your order... then i searched again, and i saw that you bought this board without ic, and u used the ic form the first board which you haven't used anymore, due to similar noise issues. contact me by mail, i can send you replacement if you can't make-it work.

Old 23rd August 2010, 04:23 PM   #43
diyAudio Member

I have a few questions about TA3020V3B.

1, What is the max output power in BTL with the IRFP4228 output FETs? The documentation says 540 W in 8 ohm/960 W 4 ohm. But when you look at the documentation for the TA3020V3C it says 780W 8 ohm/1160 W 4 Ohm if using the IRFP4228 FETs. I gues the documentation for V3B just havent been updated with the output numbers for the IRFP4228 FET option?

2, For BTL mode with the TA3020V3B and output of 540 W in 8 ohm/960 w 4 ohm, what should the secondaries of the transformer be? I guess 2 x 42 VAC is the correct voltage?

3, The BIPS is good for driving 2 TA3020V3B boards in BTL mode?

Thanks.

Last edited by Neutrality; 23rd August 2010 at 04:31 PM.

Old 23rd August 2010, 07:41 PM   #44
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrality View Post

3, The BIPS is good for driving 2 x TA3020V3B boards in BTL mode?

Thanks.

Old 24th August 2010, 11:09 AM   #45
diyAudio Member

The output power of the TA3020v3b is same as for the TA3020v3c module. the manual wasn;t updated since i added the IRFP4228 MOS-FET's option.
if you want to use 2 TA3020v3c modules in BTL mode each for one channel, then can use a single BIPS module.

Old 24th August 2010, 06:47 PM   #46
diyAudio Member

Another question.

Since the TA3020V3C has already been made ready to work in BTL mode just by a single resistor that makes one channel work out of phase with the other, doesnt that remove the buspumping issue and thereby making it possible to use V3C in BTL without that issue. Would save people from buying a BIPS.

The caps on V3C, how big are they diameter wise, 35 mm? If one were to change them to some higher value caps.

Old 25th August 2010, 10:48 AM   #47
diyAudio Member

Yes, on the TA3020v3c there is a small solder bridge on the bottom layer of the pcb which allow easier connection for BTL mode. in this way the amplifier can be used without the BIPS. the role of the BIPS is not only to allow easier BTL connection, but also to be used as input interface, the XLR balanced input can be used or Cinch connectors for unbalanced. also there are 2 switches from which can select the mode, Stereo or BTL and balanced/unbalanced. this functions cannot be replicated by the solder bridge on the bottom of the amplifier pcb only.
the capacitors are standard 35mm diameter, and can choose their value from 10mF to 18mF each. other capacitors can be used as well, which have minimum working voltage of 63V and same footprint.

Old 28th August 2010, 10:41 PM   #48
diyAudio Member

To run the v3c in BTL mode, Do I just bridge the solder point or do I need to connect it with a resistor of some value?

Thanks.

Old 29th August 2010, 11:32 AM   #49
diyAudio Member

On the first and second batch of the TA3020v3c pcb's there need to solder one resistor, same value as the one between pins 22 & 23 or 25 & 26. on the last versions, the resistor is already there and i small solder bridge must be connected which is in series with this resistor. I remember that your boards are from the first batches, and the resistor must be added. please to this careful, to not damage the pads or the pcb.

Old 30th August 2010, 08:01 PM   #50
diyAudio Member

Thankyou cristi.

Can you confirm all changes needed from running in stereo to BTL using bips?

1) add resistor at r74
2)take speaker output from outR and outL (pin 1 and 7 on output side)
3)amplifier signal imput will be on the R side.

Is this correct?

Are any changes needed to the amp imput wiring from the bips unit?

Thanks.

Hide this!Advertise here!