Class T Audio Amplifiers - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Inactive Vendor Forums > Connexelectronic

Connexelectronic Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Old 1st June 2010, 03:44 PM   #21
cOz is offline cOz  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
The 2x40V AC at 12A secondaries of the transformer are enough to supply the TA3020v3c amplifier board. in fact the transformer, if can supply 12A continuous, can be used to power two amplifier boards. after rectifier and filtering, you will get about +-56V DC, and the amplifier will deliver about 250W per channel for the STW34NB20 version or 300W per channel for the IRFP4228 version.
One other question. If I am looking at these two toroidal transformer as the basis for TA3020v3c build, what are the differences between the two if they can both be used. B is 2X more expensive and thus the reason for my question. My speakers are 92db efficient and a very easy 8ohm load they don't need huge power to sing. The possibility to add modules/channels is appealing because I also use them for Home Theater.

1. 630VA
Primaries: 115/230V 50/60Hz
Secondaries: 0-16V 1A, 13V-0-13V 1A, x2 30V 10.5A

2. 1KVA
Primaries: 115/230V 50/60Hz
Secondaries: 0-16V 1A, 13V-0-13V 1A, x2 40V 12A

Thanks
Robert

Old 1st June 2010, 03:51 PM   #22
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

the first transformer has just 2x30V AC on the main secondary winding, which is not enough for full power. after rectifier and filter you will get about +-41V. with this voltage can get just about 160W at 4R on each channel. in BTL mode, one TA3020 amplifier can provide up to 550W at this voltage. if you want more power, i recommend the second transformer.
you can consider using a SMPS instead of transformer, is is lighter, and more powerful.

Old 4th June 2010, 06:52 PM   #23
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

What is the difference between TA3020 v2 and v3c? besides the board layout and size?

Old 6th June 2010, 05:25 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

The difference from the TA3020v2 and TA3020v3c beside the size is that the TA3020v3c is more compact, and has the speaker protection circuit on board already.

Old 6th July 2010, 07:30 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Well I powered up my TA3020 v3c and Soft start. Nothing happened. I then realized I had the soft start Loads and Mains wired in reverse. Powered up again, both fuses on the amp board blew!

I have the primary/Line --> switch --> Soft Start Mains
Neutral --> Soft Start Mains
Soft Start J2 inputs 1 and 2 are jumpered with wire.
32v 400VA transformer

Any ideas why the fuses might have blown?

I have additional fuses on the way, can't do any further testing until
they get here so I thought I'd ask.

Old 6th July 2010, 11:29 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Need to check step by step what's happent.
first, measure the amplifier rectifier bridge and if there is no short-circuit between the positive and negative rails and to the GND. if you can send me a picture will be easier to check.
test the power soft start separately, with a dummy load such as light bulb to see if the relays work normally.

Old 7th July 2010, 11:09 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
Need to check step by step what's happent.
first, measure the amplifier rectifier bridge and if there is no short-circuit between the positive and negative rails and to the GND. if you can send me a picture will be easier to check.
test the power soft start separately, with a dummy load such as light bulb to see if the relays work normally.
I figured it out. I miswired the CT.

Old 12th July 2010, 09:06 AM   #28
CFT is offline CFT  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Cristi,

Is the dc offset/ drift and turn on thump at the output small in TA3020 v3c say OK to connect it directly to a tweeter or woofer in an active way safely?

How about the 1000smps, will the offset and drift between the + and - supplies be sufficiently small as well?

And would you recommend using SMPS over a linear one for this application?

BTW in your opinion, how would it compare to a nice gainclone which I have experience in?

Thanks!

Old 12th July 2010, 09:31 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

The TA3020v3c amplifier has built-in speaker protection circuit and this remove any bump at turn-on or turn-off. from this point of view, the only concern is that the input signal to not have voltage drift after the speaker protection relay has connected the amplifier to the loudspeakers. also the power rating of the loudspeakers must be at least the power of the amplifier or an atenuator, or a volume limiter must be used in order to avoid driving the loudspeakers over their maximum rating.
for class D and T i recommend using a smps, which provide better performance.
sorry to say, i cannot compare with gainclone, since i haven't tested one. i just played a little with the LM4780 ic, but i abandoned for a more efficient and less heat class D or T design, which have similar performances.

Old 19th July 2010, 06:53 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

Default Ta3020v4

Long awaited TA3020 version 4 prototype ready, and soon will be available the first batch.
This version has the power supply and speaker protection on board.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC08132.JPG (74.8 KB, 600 views)
File Type: jpg DSC08137.JPG (81.4 KB, 577 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!