Class T Audio Amplifiers - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Inactive Vendor Forums > Connexelectronic

Connexelectronic Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Old 17th April 2010, 06:31 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

nice amp zog

ive got 4 3020v3c modules coming (with all optional extras), with 4 smps1000 power supplies (again with all optional extras) in a couple of weeks

this is to run my stereo (bi-amped and mono) and my surround system (bi-amped center speaker) and 1 channel each for the rear speakers.

i want to run the full 200wrms @8 ohm out of each channel, unless there is any reason not to?? i know it requires a small modification for this- anyone have the details for this?

and i would like to try bridgeing the amps -to see if i find it any different/better.

this is my attempt at the ultimate power amp for my needs, and hopefully a perminant fixture. so im open to any modifications or setup advice anyone can give me

thanks all.

ps- having spent some time now with the sure t2050 amp, im soooo excited about this!!!!

Old 23rd April 2010, 11:44 AM   #12
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

Since i had many requests for the TA3020v3c manual, I will attach here the direct link to manual, because sometimes cannot be downloaded from the website due to limited bandwidth or some errors.
http://www.connexelectronic.com/docu...Module_v3c.pdf

Old 11th May 2010, 01:40 AM   #13
col is offline col  Australia
diyAudio Member

I recently finished a retro-fit using one of the TA2022, SMPS250 and speaker protection modules. It was a bit fiddly as I used a 19" 1RU case. It's very light (1.6kg), sounds great and has heaps of power.

There are some photos and descriptions of the build on the minirig website:

MINIRIG Minirig Symetrix 420 ConnexElectronic TA2022

col.

Old 12th May 2010, 02:12 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

cristi,
could you identify the rectifyer bridge that needs to be bypassed in order to get the full 400 w rms out of the ta3020v3c with a photo or diescription and exactly what needs to be done- is it just removed or do i bridge the soled pads with some wire?

does this need to be done if the amplifier is run in BTL mode?

thanks.

Old 17th May 2010, 05:59 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

the rectifier bridge is between the speaker protection relay and the heatsink, and the connections which have to be bridged are the AC1 with V+ and the AC2 with V-, which are the closest ones. the rectifier bridge must be bypassed ONLY when the board is supplied with DC voltage. the TA3020v3c amplifier can be used in BTL mode with or without the rectifier bridge bypassed.

Old 29th May 2010, 08:41 PM   #16
cOz is offline cOz  United States
diyAudio Member

[QUOTE=lbstyling;2157102]nice amp zog

ive got 4 3020v3c modules coming (with all optional extras), with 4 smps1000 power supplies (again with all optional extras) in a couple of weeks

QUOTE]

Other than a box and connectors is anything else needed to build a two channel amp besides the 3010v3c and a smps1000? Is this the optimal way to build this amp? Thinking about my first build and am curious as to how involved it is.

Old 29th May 2010, 09:13 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

[QUOTE=cOz;2201983]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbstyling View Post
nice amp zog

QUOTE]

Other than a box and connectors is anything else needed to build a two channel amp besides the 3010v3c and a smps1000? Is this the optimal way to build this amp? Thinking about my first build and am curious as to how involved it is.
Also does any of the 3 power approaches outlined in the owners manual result in better sonic performance?

Old 30th May 2010, 03:18 AM   #18
zog666 is offline zog666  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cOz View Post
Cristi has done most of the hard work, but still good to study these two articles, I've had to work through fixing ground loops etc on my builds..
Power Supply Wiring Guidelines
Earthing (Grounding) Your Hi-Fi - Tricks and Techniques

Old 31st May 2010, 01:49 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Very Good Info Zogg666. Would the following transformer be a good fit?

Primaries: 115/230V 50/60Hz
Secondaries: 0-16V 1A, 13V-0-13V 1A, x2 40V 12A

I will have to find some experienced help to bring it all together in the end. I certainly will not hit the power switch until a pro checks it all out.

Old 31st May 2010, 04:16 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

The 2x40V AC at 12A secondaries of the transformer are enough to supply the TA3020v3c amplifier board. in fact the transformer, if can supply 12A continuous, can be used to power two amplifier boards. after rectifier and filtering, you will get about +-56V DC, and the amplifier will deliver about 250W per channel for the STW34NB20 version or 300W per channel for the IRFP4228 version.

Hide this!Advertise here!