Class T Audio Amplifiers - Page 10 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Inactive Vendor Forums > Connexelectronic

Connexelectronic Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Old 11th October 2011, 12:18 AM   #91
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zog666 View Post
Looks great! And not using any SMD so "easier" to assemble.
(Sorry, I have to comment here: SMD is actually easier overall than through-hole - the thing is that SMD building requires more specific techniques, so to do SMD we have to "invest" a bit in studying and practicing. Not a lot though. Once the initial 'investment' in technique is made, then SMD building is a lot faster and smoother and easier. I do apologise for the comment, but I feel it is so important for DIYers to realize that SMD is certainly within reach! SMD versus through-hole is only a matter of taste ...)

Old 11th October 2011, 12:40 AM   #92
zog666 is offline zog666  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristleifur View Post
(Sorry, I have to comment here: SMD is actually easier overall than through-hole - the thing is that SMD building requires more specific techniques, so to do SMD we have to "invest" a bit in studying and practicing. Not a lot though. Once the initial 'investment' in technique is made, then SMD building is a lot faster and smoother and easier. I do apologise for the comment, but I feel it is so important for DIYers to realize that SMD is certainly within reach! SMD versus through-hole is only a matter of taste ...)
I spent at least 30 minutes crawling on the floor looking for the SMD capacitor I dropped before giving up and buying more. If it was a through hole capacitor I would have found it in seconds.

Old 11th October 2011, 12:45 AM   #93
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zog666 View Post
I spent at least 30 minutes crawling on the floor looking for the SMD capacitor I dropped before giving up and buying more. If it was a through hole capacitor I would have found it in seconds.
Hehhe ... yeah, that's true. I respectfully submit that this indeed is a matter of taste - grope around on the floor in a panic once in a while, or spend 30 minutes per build poking tiny legs through holes and flipping the board around Verily, both are gentlemen's sports

Sorry for the OT - by the way I absolutely don't intend to diminish Cristi's excellent effort of the TA3020 kit! Most builders are indeed in favor of through-hole, and the more people that get the opportunity to try a really really good Tripath amp, the better! Kudos and cheers!

Old 11th October 2011, 01:16 AM   #94
diyAudio Member

Hi Christi

I have a 650VA transformer (+/-45v). After rectification, this is +/-3v higher than the recommended voltage for the TA3030v3k w/IRPF4321 MOS-FET's.

Taking the fluctuation of mains current into consideration, do you see any issues running with a +-45v transformer @4R?

Thanks

Old 11th October 2011, 03:05 PM   #95
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

I also prefer SMD instead of THD parts. they have better characteristics, smaller size, easier and faster assembly both manually or automatic.

For the TA3020v3K the supply voltage can be in range of +-42V to +-60V. at +-45V can get about 200W on 4R and 100W on 8R. make sure the voltage will not drop below +-38V otherwise the undervoltage protection will mute the amp.

Old 11th October 2011, 03:46 PM   #96
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi View Post

For the TA3020v3K the supply voltage can be in range of +-42V to +-60V. at +-45V can get about 200W on 4R and 100W on 8R. make sure the voltage will not drop below +-38V otherwise the undervoltage protection will mute the amp.
Hi Cristi. What I mean is, I have a +-45v (AC) transformer, so I'll end up with around +-63v DC (+-3v more than spec).

Thanks for your reply

Old 11th October 2011, 04:06 PM   #97
diyAudio Member

That's a 2x45V AC transformer. +-63V is too much, could work but not safe and will trip the overvoltage protection often when the volume is loud and there is low-frequency content. this voltage is suitable for IRS2092-400W amplifiers, the sound is at least as good as tripath.

Old 11th October 2011, 04:12 PM   #98
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
That's a 2x45V AC transformer. +-63V is too much, could work but not safe and will trip the overvoltage protection often when the volume is loud and there is low-frequency content. this voltage is suitable for IRS2092-400W amplifiers, the sound is at least as good as tripath.
That's great to know. I was considering an IRS2092 board for this transformer before I saw your new 3020

Thanks again

Old 5th November 2011, 09:25 AM   #99
skood is offline skood  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Unable to add to cart

Hello, for some reason some items can't be added to cart eg -TA3020 Audio Amplifier v3c

Does this mean they are out of stock or no longer available??

Thanks

Old 5th November 2011, 04:44 PM   #100
diyAudio Member

Please try again after restarting the browser or delete cookies. the modules are available, there is some software glitch which doesn't recognize the product after was added in the basket. anyway, i must upgrade the entire webpage asap, too many errors...

Hide this!Advertise here!