• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Class T Audio Amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cristi,

Do you have any picutres of the TA3020 V3D including the remote led/volume board?

Your website shows good pictures of the main amplifier board, but nothing of the remote board. The V3D is a really nice product with the bips. A shame that you could not make the V3D with the bips+smps in one, it would probably have a really high price then.

TA3020v4+SMPS800R

The current controller board has just potentiometer and swtiches for Mute, BTL. Balanced/Unbalanced and Power, BTL, Mute, Balanced/Unbalanced LED's.
I intended to develop another controller board, DSP based. Time is not on my side in the past few months, so i cannot say when will be available, of course if will be interest i can put it on the priority list.

I'm trying since yesterday morning to upload these two pictures.

Attachments

• TA3020v4+SMPS800R 1.JPG
    TA3020v4+SMPS800R 1.JPG
    323.8 KB · Views: 346
  • TA3020v4+SMPS800R 2.JPG
    TA3020v4+SMPS800R 2.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 321
Hi Christi and Diyers,

I just received my TA3020V3b today, and the device looks very nice.
My problem is that my eyes are unable to read the crucial details of the various schematics.
Even copied and using the zoom, it remains fuzzy, could you please tell me where I can find easy to read copies of the schematics for TA3020V3b.

Thanks

TA3020 V3k Questions

I'm thinking about getting a ta3020 v3k board - looks like great value :) I've got a 22-0-22 transformer (with a 15v winding) sat around, would the board run at ~30v without mods?
Also, this may be a dumb question, but what makes it so much cheaper than all the other ta3020 boards out there? Maybe a better question is why are all the other boards, e.g. the v3b, better? ;)

Thanks, Dan.

2x22V AC will give you about +-29V at light load and will drop to +-27V or even less under load. This is too low for a TA3020 based amplifier. Altough there are designs running at +-32 to +-40V I wouldn't recommend it. the amplifier isn't stable at such low voltage and the background noise is quite high because the feedback loop lose stability. I recommend to use at least +-42v and maximum +-60V for any TA3020 amplifier board.
The selling price of the TA3020v3K doesn't reflect it's value, in fact is near components cost, If you would buy them each, one by one, you would spend about the same money as if you buy the kit.

Let's just say that I made this kit to prove to a competitor supporter who use to make a lot of noise every time I was posting something, that is possible to produce and sell a TA3020 based kit without shamelessly charging 100+ euros for a bare board and few common parts, for a design made by others with passion and probably without any payment or even a 1:1 replica of the Tripath made Evaluation boards or Reference design boards. The selling price of this kit is even lower than most of the cxinese knock-off show-up overnight fleabey sellers which are famous because of their aggressive low prices, so as the quality or the (in)genuity of the parts used. The number of TA3020v3k kits is limited as the components price fluctuations, especially the TA3020 IC which now cost more than ever due to it's low availability will rise our cost beyond the selling price and I'm not an adept of daily price adjustments.

TA30203vk & PSPC

Hi Cristi,
I finally decided to give your TA3020 3vk board a try and placed an order this afternoon. I ordered it in kit form with the upgraded transistors & heat sinks. I love to building this stuff myself. I also ordered the PSPC power supply/protection board to go with it. Now I have a couple questions...

> I wish to run it as close to +/-60v as possible to get the maximum output. For the transformer, I will be using a 115v primary torid (running on 120+vac) and have available an 800va in either 40v + 40v or 45v + 45v secondaries. Which voltage would be best to get the most out of the amplifier (closest to +/-60v)? Is 800VA going to be sufficient or should I search for a 1000VA transformer and/or a different voltage?

> What input voltage is required to get the maximum rated output? And what is the input impedance?

> I wish to use pots before the inputs also so I can control the gain. What is the recomended value to use?

I will probably have more ?s at some point but that's enough for now. :)

Thanks!

Hi Cristi.
I am new to the community. I am planing to buy TA3020 v4b.
I am a beginner so this an easier choice for me.
I have some question regarding this version:
-Does this have audible noise like "Shhh.." with no audio at input. My last amp class"D" I bought make me go crazy with this noise
-Can it go beyond 20khz bandwidth limit? By some reason, I believe I at least felt different when listening to music with amp can go beyond this range.
-As I searching for better amp, I stumble on this forum and hope i can get "audiophile" with reasonable price and the fun for DIY. My last amp was TX-NR5009 from Onkyo was sound good but un-natural and some time force full and less satisfaction than a small mono 4w tube amp I have since 1970.
How would this amp sound compare to the NR-5009?
-For listening to music , when I digging the forum, I found that TA3020 may sound more musical than the IRS2092. Is this a fact or just a matter of opinion?
Please forgive me if I have many questions. I would appreciated if you can answer my questions. I've been digging through the forum but no clear answer was found
Thanks

V4b question

Hi Cristi.
-Does this have audible noise like "Shhh.." with no audio at input. My last amp class"D" I bought make me go crazy with this noise
-Can it go beyond 20khz bandwidth limit? By some reason, I believe I at least felt different when listening to music with amp can go beyond this range.
-As I searching for better amp, I stumble on this forum and hope i can get "audiophile" with reasonable price and the fun for DIY. My last amp was TX-NR5009 from Onkyo was sound good but un-natural and some time force full and less satisfaction than a small mono 4w tube amp I have since 1970.
How would this amp sound compare to the NR-5009?
-For listening to music , when I digging the forum, I found that TA3020 may sound more musical than the IRS2092. Is this a fact or just a matter of opinion?
Please forgive me if I have many questions. I would appreciated if you can answer my questions. I've been digging through the forum but no clear answer was found
Thanks
Add Title
decided to get 5 pieces any way
TP

Hi Cristi.
-Does this have audible noise like "Shhh.." with no audio at input. My last amp class"D" I bought make me go crazy with this noise...
Thanks

Hi ,

The TA3020 produces "shhh.." clearly audible when no signal even with 87dB loudspeakers:wchair:

Hi tkfu
How much noise should it make for a 250uV of white noise?1feet, 2 feet...away.
I used to stick my head in the speakers. I don't do it any more. My back hurt..
How ever, my listening environment is pretty quiet. I can here a mosquito singing... and I have 10 - 12 speakers at about 91dB and freq range = 20hz-50khz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.