Class D Audio Amplifiers - Page 23 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Inactive Vendor Forums > Connexelectronic

Connexelectronic Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Old 26th July 2013, 06:47 PM   #221
Khato is offline Khato  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
Khato: all the protections are available with the current set except fast shut-down at DC detection. comming version will include that too, along with some new features on the SMPS section.
Thanks for the clarification Looking forward to seeing that upcoming version!

Old 27th July 2013, 01:40 PM   #222
jsganz is offline jsganz  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:

Jay: In about 2 weeks will be available, a new revision was done to include the DC protection (what a coincidence) as well as two boards sets, one for 230V only and one for 110/230V switcheable.
Hey...great news! I guess it will show up on the site when it's available, right?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC07624.JPG (310.3 KB, 620 views)

Old 9th August 2013, 09:35 AM   #223
diyAudio Member

Default TDA892x external Sync

Do I need external Sync for multiple TDA892x Boards when I use a separate power supply for every board? I intend to build a 2 way system left and right. Each with one TDA892x Board and a power supply. Further a subwoofer system with 2 TDA892x Boards in BTL with as separate power supply fro each TDA892x Board.

Old 23rd August 2013, 03:01 PM   #224
jsganz is offline jsganz  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:

Jay: In about 2 weeks will be available, a new revision was done to include the DC protection (what a coincidence)
as well as two boards sets, one for 230V only and one for 110/230V switcheable.

Cristi: Any update on availability date?

Old 13th September 2013, 04:22 PM   #225
NicoB is offline NicoB  France
diyAudio Member

@jsganz : You know if theses modules will be differential input (for XLR) ?

Anyway I wait new CxD 250 HP with new SMPS

Last edited by NicoB; 13th September 2013 at 04:27 PM.

Old 12th October 2013, 09:48 PM   #226
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Hi Cristi,

My project of 6 channels HT amplifier using SMPS2000R (120Vac) is not working like I want... The 6x LM3886x3 modules are drawing too much current and the SMPS goes into current protection mode. I even removed all cap on the amp PCBs but can only successfully power 4 of the 6 modules and at higher levels the amplifiers clip badly which they don't with a classic CRC PSU... Clearly the SMPS is not design for this kind of load, so... I wanted to know if you could let me know which of your Class D amplifiers modules I could use to make a 6-8 channels with the SMPS2000R with custom voltage of +/-38Vdc (it was for the LM3886) and that it won't sag under high levels.

Thanks for your help
Do

Old 21st October 2013, 06:09 AM   #227
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

Do, the Power supply can be modified to allow slower start, to fully charge the large capacitors before run normally. I can do it at no cost, but I do not advise anyone to do it himself because of the dangers involved when working with live connected circuits and chances to damage the unit if something goes wrong. basically the easiest way is to increase the value of only one capacitor which determine the soft-start time and power available during soft start.
The most suitable class D amplifiers which accept +-38V are TDA8950 based amps. Connexelectronic 6-8 modules can be powered from a single power supply. Also, being powered from SMPS, the rectifier bridge can be removed and lower capacitance caps can be used as the total capacitance of multiple modules powered from the same source will be large enough for proper operation.

Jay, the modules are available here http://connexelectronic.com/product_...roducts_id/151

Old 21st October 2013, 02:46 PM   #228
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Do, the Power supply can be modified to allow slower start, to fully charge the large capacitors before run normally. I can do it at no cost, but I do not advise anyone to do it himself because of the dangers involved when working with live connected circuits and chances to damage the unit if something goes wrong. basically the easiest way is to increase the value of only one capacitor which determine the soft-start time and power available during soft start.
The most suitable class D amplifiers which accept +-38V are TDA8950 based amps. Connexelectronic 6-8 modules can be powered from a single power supply. Also, being powered from SMPS, the rectifier bridge can be removed and lower capacitance caps can be used as the total capacitance of multiple modules powered from the same source will be large enough for proper operation.

Jay, the modules are available here Connexelectronic
Hi Cristi,

If you don't mind sending the info to me it would be great. I've worked with tube amps with much greater voltage but I'm always extremely cautious. I'm ok to void the warranty of the product. I'm also extremely happy that you're offering to do it for free but the shipping charges to send and receive will end-up being way too expensive to be worth the trip.

So if you're ok to PM me the info then I would take 100% responsibility.

Thanks
Do

Old 24th October 2013, 03:38 PM   #229
diyAudio Member

Cristi,

I wish to power my 2.1 home theater set up.
Stereo speakers are 6-10 ohms / 92db
Subwoofer is dual voice coil so it can run off a stereo amp or coils tied together for use with a separate mono amp. 4R / 85db
Stereo/sub crossover is around 150hz. Sub goes down to 30hz.

I've narrowed down my options based on power and costs.

Which amp power supply version would work best, heat, lowest distortion, etc?
Or is there a better choice I have overlooked?

SMPS300RE +-60V with CxD300-8R (2x200w) (2 modules that powers both speakers and 4R DVC subwoofer)

SMPS300RE +-45v with IRS2092 Stereo Amplifier (2x200w) (one module that powers both speakers and 4R, DVC (dual voice coil) tied together, subwoofer)

SMPS300RE +-36v with TDA8950 Amp V3 (2x120w) (2 modules, one stereo, one BTL for 4R, DVC tied together, subwoofer)

Currently I use one SMPS800RS on a ClassDamp SDS 258 and it sounds great.

Thanks

Old 3rd November 2013, 05:37 AM   #230
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

I don't see a clear mention about power rating of the SW, also, 6-10R impedance is a quite wide range. probably is 8R, and 6R is the DC resistance. I assume that a 2x200W amp would do the job. if so, here are my proposals:

1. one IRS2092 Stereo Amplifier powered from a SMPS500(Q)R at +-45V. using the amp with dual voicecoil speaker offers a great oportunity to use one channel 180* out of phase, which cancels the bus-pumping. of course that speaker terminals will be inverted as well.
2. one TDA8954SMPS powered amplifier Connexelectronic which can drive the voicecoils in the same manner as first proposals. both modules have balanced input, and using them in BTL mode is straightforward, connect the inverting input of channel 2 to non-inverting input of channel 1, and non-inverting input of channel 2 to inverting-input of channel 1 and supply signal accordingly. there's a diagram with example connection in the IRS2092 stereo amplifier manual.
3. lowest possible cost, IRS2092k amplifier kit. it comes unassembled, either bare board without components or full components set, so you have to solder them yourself and make them work Connexelectronic and supplied with a SMPS200QR (SMPS240QR and SMPS300QR will follow) Connexelectronic

Do, pls contact me by mail to send you informations about modification.

Hide this!Advertise here!