Class D Audio Amplifiers - Page 19 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Inactive Vendor Forums > Connexelectronic

Connexelectronic Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Old 29th March 2013, 06:08 AM   #181
diyAudio Member

tbi millenia ? mg3 ?

Old 29th March 2013, 07:12 AM   #182
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman bates View Post
tbi millenia ? mg3 ?
google

Old 29th March 2013, 08:11 AM   #183
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

wushuliu: thank you for proposal. I will consider it, and if there are requests, why not ? although my main interest is (was) on above-50W amplifiers, it might worth to consider lower power ones if they have special features which make them worth considering.
how about a version with on-board SMPS ? :-)) Don't know if would be suitable, but worth to try.

Old 29th March 2013, 09:30 AM   #184
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
wushuliu: thank you for proposal. I will consider it, and if there are requests, why not ? although my main interest is (was) on above-50W amplifiers, it might worth to consider lower power ones if they have special features which make them worth considering.
how about a version with on-board SMPS ? :-)) Don't know if would be suitable, but worth to try.

Old 29th March 2013, 11:32 AM   #185
nesha is offline nesha  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Speaker Amplifier and Modulator - Mid/High-Power Amplifier - TPA3116D2 - TI.com

I'm interested too, this one is 50W/ch...

Old 29th March 2013, 12:55 PM   #186
diyAudio Member

Default I'd be interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by wushuliu View Post
Cristi, any chance we can convince you to build TI TPA3116/8 and/or TPA3100D2 Amps (as used in the MGI Millenium Amp for instance)? I think these chips are the next wave to replace Tripath and <100w Class D. There are some threads on the forum already, and right now the MGI Millenium is the only commercial amp using the chip and it is becoming very very popular with the audiophile crowd.

Also these chips sound really, REALLY good.

I'd be interested in a board. With clearly marked terminal block hookups so you can easily hook up the DC power supply, inputs, and speaker outputs.

If it's a DIY type board only then someone smarter than I please provide a bill of materials with part numbers linked to say Mouser or Digikey.

Keep it easy.

Last edited by Mark2727; 29th March 2013 at 12:58 PM. Reason: To revise a sentence/thought

Old 30th March 2013, 02:46 AM   #187
kp93300 is offline kp93300  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Hi cristi,
i am also interested in TI TPA series board with on board smps supply.

kp93300

Old 31st March 2013, 07:55 PM   #188
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp93300 View Post
Hi cristi,
i am also interested in TI TPA series board with on board smps supply.

kp93300
Hi Cristi - Same here.

I have >100 db efficiency speakers and don't need a lot of power. As Paul Klipsch used to say "it's the first watt that counts". What I need is extremely clean, quiet power.

This new series from TI is really sounding good. I need 8 channels for our active crossover system. Completed boards are the only way for me. Onboard smps would be a plus, as would multi-channel.

I think if you could get ahead of the competition in having these amps to market you could generate a lot of sales.

Thanks for considering this.

Best Regards,
Rod

Old 31st March 2013, 10:33 PM   #189
xrk971 is offline xrk971  United States
diyAudio Member

+1 on interest in TPA3116D2 amp. I have built both the 3118 and 3116, they sound exactly the same but the 3116 has higher power capability. They are fantastic sounding amps and from what I have seen, very tolerant to PCB layout as I made a deadbug on paper with foil and it is noise free.
I am not interested in on board power supply though - need to use external smps brick.

Old 31st March 2013, 10:55 PM   #190
diyAudio Member

Ok. I'll chime in too. The 12V (24V) market needs a new amp that is more flexible than the horde of Tripath based ones out there, and the TPA3116 does appear to me like the first really good alternative.

The 12V market for those that don't know it are those that build portable equipment that needs long battery life so standard car equipment is out of the picture due to that market having abysmal efficiency.

I actually have an almost completed perfect pcb lay-out in mind using industry standard parts like half brick heatsinks and molex power connectors. Half brick heat sinks because they cost very little (under $5 in single quantity) and are perfectly sized for a compact amp. Molex 2x2 connector because it's position keyed and is able to draw up to 8A per contact (16A total which is 1A above absolute maximum peak current draw) something which normally used DC connectors cannot do, and then they're also very cheap.

Need I comment that no built-in smps as the 12V (24V) market is battery/solar powered. No need for large bulk caps either.

Last edited by Saturnus; 31st March 2013 at 11:21 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!