Class D Audio Amplifiers - Page 13 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Inactive Vendor Forums > Connexelectronic

Connexelectronic Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Old 29th July 2011, 07:20 AM   #121
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

Pete,

that amplifier looks very rugged, and i think it deserve one more chance to fix-it. if cannot be fixed, then you can consider replacing the power stages. being a class AB amplifier, the transformers are rated to probably double the output power. using class D modules instead, will allow you to get at least 1000W on each channel, considering their higher efficiency and the fact that the power drawn by the amplifiers is not continuous and this transformers have a long enough thermal constant to allow short time overload.
so, i assume that 2 class D IRS2092 modules for each transformer is not too much and they should supply them without too much voltage sag. if the amp was not used for a long time, check the big electrolytic capacitors, see if their capacitance hasn't drop and if there are no leaks.

Old 31st July 2011, 02:20 PM   #122
diyAudio Member

Thanks for all the help!

Allot of the tracks on the pcb are broken, the working output pcb has been repaired before and has allot of bad looking jumpers where the tracks are broken.

When the output broke I was playing a 50hz sine wave into it and measuring the output voltage with no load with the gain all the way up, So i could set the limiters on my dcx2496. A friend who repairs lots of amps tried replacing the large transistors but it broke 4 when switched on so he just told me to replace everything on the board apart from resistors as they have not been damaged.

Old 11th October 2011, 04:52 PM   #123
cOz is offline cOz  United States
diyAudio Member

Is the input impedance of the ScaleD IRS2092S 3.3k ohms?

Old 11th October 2011, 05:58 PM   #124
diyAudio Member

yes. same as in the ref. design. if the source has higher impedance, a buffer will be required. on a next revision i could add an OP amp on the board if will be required.

Old 11th October 2011, 07:22 PM   #125
col is offline col  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi Cristi,

Does the single channel IRS2092 Modular Amplifier take a balanced input? Also, will the 250W version work well with the A350SMPS?

Edit: I also can see a black relay on the PCB, is that speaker protection?

cheers,
col.

Last edited by col; 11th October 2011 at 07:24 PM.

Old 11th October 2011, 10:27 PM   #126
cOz is offline cOz  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
yes. same as in the ref. design. if the source has higher impedance, a buffer will be required. on a next revision i could add an OP amp on the board if will be required.
The source that I am looking at has 600 ohms.

Old 30th October 2011, 06:34 AM   #127
duch is offline duch  France
diyAudio Member

Hello,
I've got a IRS2092 Amp module and i don't know where to connect mute cable... i am sorry
i 've an auxiliary voltage +-12v.
here is picture :
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 30th October 2011, 08:57 AM   #128
diyAudio Member

It Works... mute cable connected to nothing.
Absolutly no noise ! ultra dynamic and very detailled sound on my Central Speaker Davis Acoustic MV. Associed with a smps800, the IRS2096 module 600W version give me the power i needed.
It's perfect.

Many Thanks Cristi,

I 'm gonna order two new modules for my VINCI II...

Old 30th October 2011, 03:49 PM   #129
diyAudio Member

Hello,

Is it possible to Power on Two SMPS800 with only one switch ? for Dual-mono Class D amp ?
Thanks... Cristi Your IRS2092 is surprising... very nice

Old 31st October 2011, 09:53 AM   #130
diyAudio Member

The Mute pin should be connected to GND pin only when the amplifier has to be muted. in normal operation should be left floating.
Two or more power supplies can share the same switch if rated to withstand the power supply nominal and inrush current. i suggest to use a 10A switch for a single power supply unit and at least a 16A for two units. 3, 4 or more power supplies inside a single amplifier unit should be started sequentially or a power soft start circuit must be used, otherwise the mains breaker could trip due to large inrush current drawn by several power supplies powered on simultaneously.

Hide this!Advertise here!