Class D Audio Amplifiers - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Inactive Vendor Forums > Connexelectronic

Connexelectronic Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Old 21st May 2011, 03:55 PM   #101
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

Please send me a short mail and i will send you all the informations which you need until i finish writing the manual for the amplifier. For the SMPS500R and SMPS800R power supplies the manual is available on the product page.

Old 24th May 2011, 03:40 PM   #102
diyAudio Member

Default TA3020v4 for bass guitar power amp

I am looking at the TA3020v4 as a power amp for two bass cabinets.

The cabs are 1x12 built around the eminence kappalite 3012LF. Around 450W rms @ 8ohms each.

My plan was to run the module in BTL which should meet my power requirements easily.

My questions are
-Would the TA3020v4 serve my purpose well or is there a better option.
-Would this module be able to withstand Pro audio type usage on a regular basis.
-What differences in performance would I expect between this module and a similarly spec'd PA power amplifier (I am currently using a Crown XTI2000 in dual mono)

Thanks for any help.

Old 26th May 2011, 06:40 PM   #103
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldsen View Post
Should the capacitor be bipolar, og doesn't that matter. If electrytics is ok, how about polarity (minus to gnd i guess?)
Still no answer!! Type and voltage rating would be nice to know. Is 16 volt enough or 35 volt as the caps onboard? Should it be bipolar or electrolytic or does it matter at all? If electrolytic capacitor what about polarity?

Old 27th May 2011, 10:17 AM   #104
diyAudio Member

for that capacitor, 10V is enough. obviously would be connected with minus to GND and plus at the Mute pin.

Old 27th May 2011, 10:22 AM   #105
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3506string View Post
I am looking at the TA3020v4 as a power amp for two bass cabinets.
The TA3020v4 can deliver about 600/800W in BTL mode on 8R load depending on the version.
you can also consider the IRS2092 amplifier modules, with a suitable power supply such as SMPS500R or SMPS800R.
making a direct comparison between the two amps would be difficult because they are build for different purposes, and also have different features.

Old 27th May 2011, 10:44 AM   #106
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
for that capacitor, 10V is enough. obviously would be connected with minus to GND and plus at the Mute pin.
Thanks. The obvious is only for the those who know about circuit design. I assumed it would be that way, but it's not obvious for me.

Old 14th June 2011, 12:08 PM   #107
diyAudio Member

Default Problem with TDA8950SMPS

Hi Cristi,

After stress testing my recently bought TDA8950SMPS it suddenly stopped working. I though it was an overload protection so I removed power and replugged it. Still not working. The heatsink was fairly warm, but still touchable. I thought it might be thermal protection... I waited 30 mins and tried again with no results.
The mute pin has 5V and everything seems to be fine.

Any solutions to get it working again?

Regards,

Simon H.A.

Old 14th June 2011, 04:12 PM   #108
diyAudio Member

Hi Simon,

I suggest to try to debug the module ONLY if you have enough experience and tools to do so. and only supply the module with mains isolation transformer, it will start from about 70-80V AC, no need 230V, for safety.
What load impedance have you used for test ? Please measure the mute pin voltage (pin 4 signal connector) must be within 4-5 V range. also, there are 2 ferrite beads on the pcb. they are connected to voltage rails, one for positive one for negative, please measure the voltage to GND. must be around 35V. if this voltage is not present, measure the rectifier diodes, or simply measure if there is any short between any voltage rail to GND. if you can't find the problem in less than 10-20 min. i suggest to send me back and i repair or replace the module. please contact me by mail for details. please continue the discussion on this topic, i joined the threads.

Old 14th June 2011, 07:16 PM   #109
diyAudio Member

Hi Cristi,

I've added voltage and measured the rails. It got 36V on each side and I couldn't find any problem with shorts or other things that looks suspicious. The mute pin has 4,7 V, so no problem either...

Edit: The load was 2 speaker pairs with 7 ohm DC resistance (2ohm resistor added in series with output).

Regards,

Simon H.A.

Last edited by Shatronics; 14th June 2011 at 07:28 PM.

Old 27th June 2011, 02:21 PM   #110
diyAudio Member

What is the height of IRS2092 amp module? I would like to mount it into 1U.

Hide this!Advertise here!