Class D Audio Amplifiers - Page 10 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Inactive Vendor Forums > Connexelectronic

Connexelectronic Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Old 17th January 2011, 09:43 AM   #91
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

The status LED must be connected with a >1.5K series resistor between pin 4 and GND, pin 3 or 5. same pin is also used to mute the amplifier, so a toggle switch can be added on the same pin to GND. make sure to not load this pin with more than 2mA otherwise the amp will be muted, since the voltage drop.
although i do not encourage to make any modification or tap something on the board which is not available at the connectors, i can tell you how to do that (on your own risk to fry something) the diferential voltage is available on the 4 big caps from the secondary side. just connect on the first two, the closest to the transformer. if you need single rail only, the current draw must be lower than 50mA otherwise might create unbalance.
the transformer has one more aux. winding on the secondary side, which can provide 10-18V if is rectified and filtered. if this is enough, i can tell you how to do it.

Remember that the board have mains live voltage on the primary side !!!! do not do this if you have not enough experience !!!

The board is prepared for shipping, i'm waiting few days for confirmation from the shipping company that the delay nightmare has ended, then i can send it both yours and many others. if you need those mods, email me and i will do them for you.

Old 17th January 2011, 01:46 PM   #92
diyAudio Member

Thanks, I was originally considering putting an ipod cable interface and supplying a 5V USB charging current, but I switched to just a mini jack so there should not be an imbalance. I am looking to supply +/- 5 V (7805, 7905) at only 10-20 mA or so for a dual op-amp for the input stage (Mix L+R, I'm using the amp as a mono BTL to drive an underwater speaker, it gets driven through an output transformer so it has some isolation.) Yes I am an Electrical Engineer and I have designed and worked with lots of high voltages, so I wouldn't worry too much and I understand any mods are my problem.

I could use the open secondary fairly easily, would that just be the two open pins on the transformer? I can figure that out once I get the unit depending on what the secondary voltages you currently produce.

Does the status output go low when any of the protection circuits cut in (turning the LED off?)

Steve

Old 18th January 2011, 10:04 AM   #93
diyAudio Member

mail me pls, and i will send you the infos.

Old 18th January 2011, 11:19 AM   #94
diyAudio Member

Default TA3020V4-400

TA3020V4-400: 0.02% THD+N @ 112w @ 8 OHMS

For my use the TA3020V4-400 would basically be a 100W amp.

Can you post some FR, POWER v THD+N curves? None in the PDF.

Besides one review at your site are there any other comments about how this amp "sounds".

Can it be mounted vertically on the back of a speaker (thermal considerations)?

What is the best "sounding" amp you sell? (low distortion and noise, "audiophile" etc.)

Thanks.

Old 18th January 2011, 01:03 PM   #95
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
Try to add a 47-100uF capacitor between the Mode pin and GND. while this capacitor will charge slowly, the amplifier will toggle between Off, Mute and Play and eliminate the noise.
on the new version of the TDA89xx amplifier i already integrate the capacitor on the board, to avoid complications and headdache.
Should the capacitor be bipolar, og doesn't that matter. If electrytics is ok, how about polarity (minus to gnd i guess?)

Old 21st January 2011, 05:47 PM   #96
diyAudio Member

Cristi,

I can't seem to find or figure out your email from this site or your company sites (probably should add an email me tab) so at the risk of getting excess mail, please send the info to riedlse at gmail dot com.

Old 29th January 2011, 02:03 PM   #97
diyAudio Member

Default Note to Cristi

Please put an email link on your site or email me. I could really use the amp I ordered ASAP.

Steve

Old 10th February 2011, 03:29 PM   #98
diyAudio Member

Default IRS2092 Modular Amplifier

This amp looks very interesting. I see that this is a new product for you. Are they ready to ship now, in all power levels?

I assume that the supply voltage ranges that are mentioned on the product page are (a) the lower voltage is the min to reach that power level and (b) the higher voltage is the max recommended supply voltage for that configuration? Can a slightly lower voltage be used, e.g. for the 400W version, can a DC supply of +/- 58-60V be used without any problems (just lower output power)?

Thanks,

-Charlie

Old 14th February 2011, 09:04 AM   #99
diyAudio Member

right now i have modules on stock from each power version. the voltages mentioned are the normal operating voltages, below or above, the under-voltage or over-voltage protection will mute the module. to get the nominal power, the module should be supplied at the nominal voltage which is at the middle of the interval. if lower voltage is needed, please contact me to change the UVLO level.

Old 18th May 2011, 11:27 AM   #100
diyAudio Member

Default Manuals please

Hi,

Got today my IRS2092 Modular Amplifier [ScalD_Amp] 600W, SMPS500 and SMPS800R. They look great and build quality top notch.
Do you have a manual for these I dont want to burn something accidentaly.
Everything look straight forwarded but I would feel better with some manual.
Thanks

Hide this!Advertise here!