Class AB Audio Amplifiers - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Inactive Vendor Forums > Connexelectronic

Connexelectronic Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Old 13th July 2010, 02:28 PM   #31
diyAudio Member

The dual, actually four voltage rails topology offer a better utilisation of the supply voltage, less heat dissipated in the output transistors, and better linearity due to the lower temperature span.
the heatsink for the LM4702 amplifiers is 170x70x45 mm. it is bigger than the pcb, to provide larger area for heat dissipation. and to be easy to install in the case.
the SAP15 modules are smaller than MOS or BPL ones. just 112x50mm. i have available heatsink for this modules as well. the new version of the SAP15 amplifier board will be a little bigger that the actual one and will be mounted on the heatsink directly, similar to the BPL or MOS versions.

Old 13th July 2010, 02:47 PM   #32
alkasar is offline alkasar  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
The dual, actually four voltage rails topology offer a better utilisation of the supply voltage, less heat dissipated in the output transistors, and better linearity due to the lower temperature span.
the heatsink for the LM4702 amplifiers is 170x70x45 mm. it is bigger than the pcb, to provide larger area for heat dissipation. and to be easy to install in the case.
the SAP15 modules are smaller than MOS or BPL ones. just 112x50mm. i have available heatsink for this modules as well. the new version of the SAP15 amplifier board will be a little bigger that the actual one and will be mounted on the heatsink directly, similar to the BPL or MOS versions.
Thanks. A promise for an even better sound .
Let us know when you are ready to ship the new LM4702/SAP15, the recomended voltages and the size of pcb/heatsink (mandatory to plan case layout )

Old 17th July 2010, 05:35 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
the SAP15 modules are smaller than MOS or BPL ones. just 112x50mm. i have available heatsink for this modules as well.
What is the size of that heatsink ?

also, I could not find anywhere the recomended voltage for LM4702+SAP15 v1 module.

Thanks,

Old 19th July 2010, 04:17 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

The heatsink for the amplifier shold be at least 150mm wide, 30-40m fins lenght and 50-70mm tall depending on the airflow and position, to achieve <1.2*/W.
the recommended voltage is within +-45V to +-58V.

Old 19th July 2010, 12:04 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi
the SAP15 v1 modules are smaller than MOS or BPL ones. just 112x50mm. i have available heatsink for this modules as well.
The heatsink for the amplifier should be at least 150mm wide, 30-40m fins lenght and 50-70mm tall depending on the airflow and position, to achieve <1.2*/W.
Thanks. I actually meant : what is the size of the heasink you have available for this module ? Same as for the other LM4702 modules (170x70x45) or other size ?

If you can provide any size, my perfect size would be 140x70x45. This would fit the housing i have in mind (yes, size matters ;-). About half of the heatsink will be out of the case, which helps.

What is the voltage required to reach 2x100W max at 8ohms ?

Last edited by alkasar; 19th July 2010 at 12:06 PM.

Old 19th July 2010, 04:48 PM   #36
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkasar View Post
What is the voltage required to reach 2x100W max at 8ohms ?
35+35Vac rated at between 200VA and 400VA

Old 31st October 2010, 11:14 PM   #37
jonners is offline jonners  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I have been unable to access the 'product's webpage' from any of the Class AB module pages. I would like to know information for the LM4702 modules such as voltage gain, input impedance, how the four voltage rails are derived, and max and min supply voltages.
Is the new version of the SAP15 module still planned to appear?
Thanks,
- John

Old 1st November 2010, 12:01 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

Please follow the direct link: http://www.connexelectronic.com/docu...ier_Module.pdf for LM4702 amp, http://www.connexelectronic.com/docu...ier_Module.pdf for LME49810 amp.

Last edited by Cristi; 1st November 2010 at 12:08 PM.

Old 1st November 2010, 01:41 PM   #39
jonners is offline jonners  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Cristi - Thanks for your reply, but I'm still getting the same problem. If I click the link in Safari it loads a blank page; using Firefox I get a message saying "File error. Couldn't open the file".
- John -

Old 1st November 2010, 02:56 PM   #40
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

my Firefox downloads both links in post38.

Hide this!Advertise here!