Pictures & Report: '06 Vancouver Island diyFEST - Page 8 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th August 2006, 02:37 AM   #71
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chrisb

Thanks Gregg, too bad there's not picture of the smile on Jesse's face
You're welcome!

Which smile? Jesse had a big grin from the time he arrived until he left
Old 9th August 2006, 04:28 AM   #72
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to layertone
Just want to comment;

Wow, I'm absolutely impressed! Excellent job, all parties participated and seemed like a great enjoyable event that I missed!

Tony
Old 9th August 2006, 06:30 AM   #73
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TerryO

Chris,
I agree with you, Jesse's pretty happy with those and who wouldn't be? As I noted before they sounded every bit as good as they looked. Kudos to all concerned. Your efforts were certainly a big factor in granting the "WOW! Award.

As for the bamboo, have you consided a base for your "Scott" amp? I thought they sounded pretty good, but then I really liked the balcony venue and that may have played a part.

Best Regards,
TerryO
Terry, I must have it really bad, 'cause I've already been thinking about lining up enough projects to justify paying for a sheet of the bamboo plywood - and yes my cut plan would certainly include enough offcuts for bases for both the next Scott rebuild and a pair of the new Bottlehead Paramours - but I doubt anything could approach the conceptual and physical artistry of Jesse's Eagle Amp
Old 12th August 2006, 07:57 PM   #74
JesseG is offline JesseG  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
but I doubt anything could approach the conceptual and physical artistry of Jesse's Eagle Amp
You guys are making me blush

I had a wonderful time at the get-together... so fun to be amongst people as nuts about hifi as me (some even more!).

One of the best things, tho' - I had tried the 4766 chipamp previously and, despite the pretty cabinetwork, was not too impressed. On both a pair of Ohm-Fs and some Tannoy 635s it just didn't sing. So when we hooked it up at Dave's, I wasn't expecting much. Thoughts of 'maybe a couple of 3875s won't overheat the sink...'. However, when given the right speakers to drive, it just came alive. I might have dumped the circuit had it not been for the event, and missed a really good design.

The PAWO's made it home without a scratch (thanks to Dave's terrific packing, and set up in my room they sound even better (to me.)

Great to meet everyone. Next year, you couldn't keep me away with a flamethrower.

Thanks all - especially Dave and Ruth.

Jess
Old 12th August 2006, 08:05 PM   #75
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
I wish i had lent you guys 2 sets of mini a's I just finished a set of SMD mini a's working perfectly and to my ear so far sounding better than the through hole.

If i had them in a listening state i would have lent 2 mini aleph's smd & through hole. I am not a chip amp fan at all both peter's and brian gt's Yet i'm best friends with Brian Bell (chipamp.com ) owner i still prefer the Aleph's.

Any one want to see pictures of a demo setup of Aleph Smd's
Old 12th August 2006, 08:51 PM   #76
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JesseG

Great to meet everyone. Next year, you couldn't keep me away with a flamethrower.
And nice meeting you Jess!

I forgot to get your email from you. I didn't have as many parts we talked about as I thought.

Quote:
Originally posted by jleaman
I wish i had lent you guys 2 sets of mini a's I just finished a set of SMD mini a's working perfectly and to my ear so far sounding better than the through hole.
That would have been nice. Next year
Old 12th August 2006, 09:33 PM   #77
TerryO is offline TerryO  United States
diyAudio Member

I thought Jesse's amp sounded pretty good, at least to these old ears. When he said they weren't all that great (before we hooked them up to the PAWO's) I was astounded when I heard them actually playing. I really had to wonder if my hearing was that bad

Anyway, I feel better knowing that maybe it wasn't my hearing that was deceiving me, evidently others thought it sounded pretty good as well. A really nice job all the way around.

By the way, I'm going to try to get those pic's of the Turntable to Jesse and Greg this evening.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Hide this!Advertise here!