Is anyone here going to RMAF this year?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Linear Integrated Systems(Linear Systems) will be attending with a surprise :)

I will be bringing a Headphone Amplifier Evaluation board which includes two amplfiers which includes the LSK170, LSJ74, LSK489 and LSK689 which was designed by Dimitri Danyuk.
I plan to be at the show at Jan Diddens booth Friday and Saturday. Stop by to take a look and listen :)

Paul Norton
Marketing Manager
Linear Integrated Systems

Attachments

• 10.6.16 headphone amplifier evaluation board.jpg
    10.6.16 headphone amplifier evaluation board.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 119
Well, that was a remarkably fun time! And my standards are high since I had spent time in the run-up with the rest of the Axis of Evil (Jan Didden and Scott Wurcer).

Great to finally meet Bill Waslo (and Carol Stewart, of course, who shares my culinary preference), Paul Norton, Jim (6L6), Richard (einrc), Bob Cordell, Lynn Olson, Dmitri Danyuk, and so many other fine diyAudio participants. Some interesting technology there, not a lot of great sound, alas. Hung out a lot with John Broskie, who is a force of nature.

Dmitri's headphone amp design passed all my cleverness tests- lots of really fine designers looked at the schematic and couldn't figure out what was going on in parts of the circuit. The overall design really hangs together as a system rather than being an agglomeration of self-sufficient blocks (the sort of thing that duffers like me do). Performance is, of course, impeccable.

I did a lot of tweeting (@SYclotronAudio) if you're interested in my snarky comments.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I second the above post. It takes a lot of sitting on cramped aircraft seats, finger printing, iris scanning and such to get over here from there, but very much worthwhile. SY and Cynthia are perfect hosts!

Dimitri´s headphone amps sounded very, very good, and we should be thankful that the powers that be at Linear Systems are doing so much for the audio community. Thanks Paul!

Discussing with the likes of Olson and Broskie is like trying to drink from a firehose, but you can´t avoid picking up a lot of insights and tricks. Very worthwhile trip!

Jan

We just got in from a Rocky Mountain vacation we pasted-on to RMAF attendance. Had a great time with SY, John Brosky, and Jan (and I learned how to pronounce his name correctly, too!).

The sound at SOME of the rooms was actually better than I was expecting -- maybe my expectations weren't so high due to some reports I'd read of previous shows. There were, of course, some that sounded, uh, not so good (can't remember which room, and wouldn't name it if I could, but it had "Solsbury Hill" playing from a digital streamer and it sounded like a big old glob of dust was stuck under a stylus!). But in general, there was some pretty fine sounding stuff there, probably cost was what my house cost! Lots of fun.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.