The Burning Amp 2015-Schedules & Info

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The Interana on site tech guy will be there Friday night so if you have some scheme to use the wifi you should prob try it out fri. We have access at 6pm Friday. It also makes sense that if you have big speakers or a complete system, it's probably going to be a lot easier for us and you if you get in there Friday night. Not required, but recommended.

Tables, etc.

I'm curious about the size and setup of "The Kahng Room" and whether we might have access to some tables to put equipment on. Also curious if these rooms are carpeted or if there are lots of hard surfaces that will need some room treatments to sound their best. Most of my gear will be quite happy on the floor, but the turntable and laptop would be happier on something a bit higher off the floor. If there isn't anything of the sort on site, I could probably bring a coffee table that would fit the bill.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
12'x18' Has a table, not carpeted, but things don't seem to be too live.

I'm curious about the size and setup of "The Kahng Room" and whether we might have access to some tables to put equipment on. Also curious if these rooms are carpeted or if there are lots of hard surfaces that will need some room treatments to sound their best. Most of my gear will be quite happy on the floor, but the turntable and laptop would be happier on something a bit higher off the floor. If there isn't anything of the sort on site, I could probably bring a coffee table that would fit the bill.

Hi Mark,

I would like to bring a musical instrument project that I've entered in the Linear Systems contest. Although Burning Amp doesn't include musical instrument stuff, DIYA does. So I'm hoping there might be a corner somewhere where a very small (Hammond 1590 box size) musical instrument project might be squeezed in. There's somewhat of a Pass connection so NP's room would work. There will not be live demo's.

If you think there is still any interest, or if someone needs larger amps to demo their stuff, I could also bring back the AX100J's (Aleph X amps). Please let me know.

Graeme

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Graeme,

Sure, We can probably get you a small room. What kind of instrument? You could bring it to demo in the small room!

I would also request the big Alephs! love them and their clever heatsinks- they show how DIYs can come up with elegant solutions to hard problems
We also have some harder-to-drive speakers coming.

QUOTE=gl;4473980]Hi Mark,

I would like to bring a musical instrument project that I've entered in the Linear Systems contest. Although Burning Amp doesn't include musical instrument stuff, DIYA does. So I'm hoping there might be a corner somewhere where a very small (Hammond 1590 box size) musical instrument project might be squeezed in. There's somewhat of a Pass connection so NP's room would work. There will not be live demo's.

If you think there is still any interest, or if someone needs larger amps to demo their stuff, I could also bring back the AX100J's (Aleph X amps). Please let me know.

Graeme[/QUOTE]

Graeme,

Sure, We can probably get you a small room. What kind of instrument? You could bring it to demo in the small room!

Hi Mark,

My project is a DI (Direct Injection) box used for impedance matching in sound reinforcement systems. It measures 5"x4"x1" and requires about one square foot of table space to display (including signage). I don't need a small room of my own and I won't be running signals through the box. As previously mentioned, the project derives some small inspiration from NP's work so if there is spare square foot in his room - that would work. If not then stick me somewhere that you think is appropriate.

I will bring the AX100J's. Please put them where you need them.

Graeme

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
We need volunteers for
Friday night- 6-9 pm. People living close by probably
Saturday At the show
Sunday 11am to 1pm- very important to re position furniture

Please contact me again even if you have in the past. Get that red shirt and help us have a successful show!

Mark

Last edited:
Gear for Burning Amp 2015

Hi All!

I just wanted to post the gear that I'm bringing to BA:

- DIY Belt-Drive TT, with Clearaudio Arm, and Benz Micro LOMC
- Phono Stage based on the PassDIY Pearl 2
- Line Stage PreAmp, based on the PassDIY B1 Buffer Preamp

Looking forward to seeing all of the cool gear and meeting other like-minded audio crazies!!

Planning to be there for setup Friday, and am available to help with the teardown Sunday if you still need volunteers...

Cheers,
Jim.

Mark and all-
Just waking up to the fact BA is this Saturday! Wondering if my copper speakers would be of use? They came to BA in Sausalito in 2009.

Is there an elevator? The stands are surveying tripods, with spikes. Carpet is best, though I do have a chain to keep the legs together.

Best- Kent

Attachments

• kent-copper-speakers.jpg
    kent-copper-speakers.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.