2015 Burning Amp Festival, Saturday October 17th

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The San Francisco Burning Amp Festival will be in Silicon Valley this year!!!
Interana​​ Headquarters, 3rd floor Evernote Building,
305 Walnut St. ​Redwood City, CA 94063
Saturday October 17th, 2015, 10AM to 10PM
BurningAmp : Website of the annual audio DIY event at for audiophiles who make their own equipment, components for amps, speakers, and parts.

Google map
https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...2!3m1!1s0x808fa255b82c5b5d:0x1df18fdf0b0c5b5c

Real time Web broadcasts!

​This ​big ​new venue allows more listening rooms​ for many more systems to audition so we are asking exhibitors to demo their previous​ly built and shown​ ​DIY ​components along with their latest creations​. We want DIY turntables, Tube amps, Pass amps, Self amps, Amps designed by your Self. Speakers of all types! I'll start another thread for organizing systems..

Of course ​Nelson Pass will ​present his latest breakthrough, plus 3 other presentations. Siegfried Linkwitz will demo his LS Studio Speaker system with miniDSP crossovers and Bruno Putzey's Hypex amps all day​.​ ​

We'll get all the rooms organized in the next couple of months so we all know what will be where,

Food and Snacks provided, Lunch available. Exhibitors please arrive by 9AM, Reception at 8PM Hang out with the stars...

More information at BurningAmp : The annual audio DIY event for audiophiles who make their own equipment, components for amps, speakers, and parts.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/clubs-events/277751-burning-amp-2015-schedules-info.html#post4404110
Or contact Mark Cronander at mark.diyaudio@gmail.com

Last edited:
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Let's start the organizing on this new thread...

Here are some o themes of this year's show:

1. We have more smallish rooms than anything, so systems with smaller speakers, or speakers that work well in smaller spaces will be more likely to get a room. Of course we need some big, impressive speakers too! Just be aware the competiton will be greater to have them play.

2. The majority of systems are going to be put together here online and will consist of components from various different people, as most people only have one DIY item to bring. We need lots of components to mix and match. OTOH, tightly integrated systems are fascinating too, so we're very interested in them too..

3. Say you have a DIY amp with a gold plated chassis and knobs made from precious stones, and transmitter tubes and a 15KV power supply, BUT it hums terribly in one channel, plus it recently arced over to your cat with unfortunate consequenses. Will people want to see it as a passive display- you bet! -We'll have lots and lots of room for components to be displayed. So bring cool stuff to look at , that will set the tone..

4. Haven't made anything yet? Then come look at what people have done and learn how they did it. You don't have to bring anything

For background here's the original thread:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/clubs-events/106844-burning-amp-festival-audio-happening.html

And a 2013 Wrapup:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass...tival-pass-camp-2013-news-15.html#post4370134

Last edited:
I can stage stuff like the blankets here in Mountain View, 20 minutes from the venue, and I have the hillbilly F250 for transport in. This will be way easier than the 954 stoplights up Van Ness with 4 on the floor. I'm also up for hosting a planning session here at the house.

Cheers,
Marshall

Last edited by a moderator:
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I think we'll get you a room of your own this year. What historical electrica linventor do you want ad your room name? You can have your stable and swap them in, so bring lots. Plus there might be a prize from Linear Systems for best original circuit using their JFETs, so keep that in mind. (OTOH JFETS are pretty tiny so who knows who made the ones in your amp? )You're one of the few that really comes up with new stuff.

We'll need some speakers . ... Pensils? and a source..

You bet I'll have the usual heretical stuff - some new, and some old/revamped.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.