DIY Audio Ottawa 21-22 Feb 2015

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I agree, but my recollection is that we typically do a planning meet on a Saturday & Dec 12 is probably too close, while Dec 26 & Jan 2 are not practical due to holidays. I won't be available for Dec 19, though maybe some of you are (go ahead if that's the case). For me, I'd say that we're probably talking about January 9 or 16 or 23.

I know that I've been tardy about sending a couple of PM's w.r.t. outstanding matters from last year's get-together (John - Napoleon baffle)(Pierre), so I could also take care of that if we had a face-to-face.

- Ron

I agree, but my recollection is that we typically do a planning meet on a Saturday & Dec 12 is probably too close, while Dec 26 & Jan 2 are not practical due to holidays. I won't be available for Dec 19, though maybe some of you are (go ahead if that's the case). For me, I'd say that we're probably talking about January 9 or 16 or 23.

I know that I've been tardy about sending a couple of PM's w.r.t. outstanding matters from last year's get-together (John - Napoleon baffle)(Pierre), so I could also take care of that if we had a face-to-face.

- Ron

January works for me, December doesn't unfortunately.

OT: If anyone is building Napoleons, I discovered at least two of the D26 samples I had from the group buy were faulty, and I think that was leading to audible issues. It's very hard to see this from an impedance measure, I found it by measuring impedance at two drive levels, and seeing different results (ouch). I don't think the xover over drove the tweeter. In fact, a number of on-line designs stress this tweeter harder. I think there may be QC issues at play with our samples. Nonetheless I'm redesigning the high pass for an elliptical ultra fast fast roll off. Who knows, I might have something together for the meet (do pigs still fly?)

January works for me, December doesn't unfortunately.

OT: If anyone is building Napoleons, I discovered at least two of the D26 samples I had from the group buy were faulty, and I think that was leading to audible issues. It's very hard to see this from an impedance measure, I found it by measuring impedance at two drive levels, and seeing different results (ouch). I don't think the xover over drove the tweeter. In fact, a number of on-line designs stress this tweeter harder. I think there may be QC issues at play with our samples. Nonetheless I'm redesigning the high pass for an elliptical ultra fast fast roll off. Who knows, I might have something together for the meet (do pigs still fly?)

image_11327.jpg

:D

I'm counting on it. Have many things to accomplish to!

Should we not start a new thread?

Something lika dis:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/club...-diy-audio-2016-get-together.html#post4544734

Kind of gets the point across from the get go.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.